Frustrated...help ..someone ...anyone lol.

Options
Ok, I need snack ideas. I have been using popcorn forever and ever because I love it. Unfortunately, I should pay more attention when I eat it because it loosened a tooth and it is now out of line making it easier to bite it. That was about a month ago. Still have to be careful with it. Now, on other side is pain from the very back where there is no tooth. Not having much luck in the teeth department lately.

So, popcorn is kicking my butt when I try to eat it. Mmmm, I have been off sweets of any type for a while now so that is not an option either. When I think soft, I think yummy-gooey sweet junk. Since I am taking something that is not allowing me to taste any type of sweet but does not change food tastes, I need alternative to my beloved popcorn. It really needs to be soft or at least easy to eat and hopefully something I can have a lot of like my popcorn. (Oh, and by the way, the stuff I'm taking is just a freaky side affect that it kills sweet taste and cravings--apparently while it does this for me and even my sister--it is just a fluke as it does not do that for everyone).

I'm thinking bananas but they spoil so fast and frankly, it is not a volume food.
Suggestions??

Debbie :heart:

Replies

• isabel88g
    isabel88g Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I take banana's dip them in yogurt and freeze them or a banana with peanut butter and freeze it, super good. I also like imitation crab with mayo, about 130 calories for a cup which is hardly anything...hmmm that's all I can think of right now!!
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I had this this morning.
    Del Monte - Peach Slices Packed In Water - No Sugar Added, 1/2 cup 30 calories(even better with fruit cocktail)
    Danone Silhouette - Silhouette 0+ Vanilla Yogurt, 100 g 35 calories

or you could try

Christie - Vegetable Thins (44% Less Fat Than Original), 16 crackers (20 g) 90 calories
    Kraft Cracker Barrel - Mozzarella Part Skim, 30 grams 80 calories
    add a little bit of hot sauce on the cheese and microwave
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    Sliced apple, baby carrots, or raisins are my favorites.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Raisins, grapes, triangles of spready cheese on crsipbreads, slices of ham for quick protein and a snack
    I have an AMAZING kitchen gadget that slices and cores an apple for me, clementines now that it's Christmas...
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I like Crispers, Ritz Crackers, celery with peanut butter, apples with peanut butter. I tend to crave salt, so a lot of my snacks have salt in them. But I need to drink lots of water because of it!
  • tabithaskechak
    Options
    if you're able to cook something ahead I would say souffles (just gotta find some healthy ones!)
    Also eggs, you can boil them ahead of time
    beans, black eyes peas or baked beans!
    Mac and cheese!
    there's that juice, brand name Naked, it's good and good for you, not really a snack though
    I really like the slim-fast type drinks, I usually get ensure, those are pretty filling as well.

I recently had my wisdom teeth out and my diet was jello, pudding and mashed potatoes haha
  • mrs_card
    mrs_card Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My suggestions are watermelon, rice cakes, jello, pudding, grapes, clementines, pickles, yogurt, cinnamon applesauce, peaches & pears & pineapple cups.
  • hecham
    hecham Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Snacks that I enjoy are:
    hard boiled eggs
    yogurt with a little cereal or blueberries
    apple with cottage cheese
    bananas
    kashi protein bars
    vitatops muffins
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Special K crackers
    Tortilla chips with salsa
    Homemade hummus with celery
    Pretzles

I count my chips, crackers and Pretzles and put them in bags.
  • wellisawstars
    wellisawstars Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd say baby carrots. Cooked, in your case.
  • DrHeadBang
    DrHeadBang Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Jello makes 10 calorie sugar free gelatin cups (also available in much cheaper SnackPak and Raymundos brands). With some light cool whip it's low carb since there's no real sugar. Delish!

Good uluck with your tooth!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Jello makes 10 calorie sugar free gelatin cups (also available in much cheaper SnackPak and Raymundos brands). With some light cool whip it's low carb since there's no real sugar. Delish!

Good uluck with your tooth!

93c1db6551b3fe6b285744a2232057f4_thumb_sugar-free-jello-cups.jpg

This is what I was going to suggest as well.
  • somemansdream
    Options
    Thanks guys, some great ideas here. I tend to forget about other snack foods since I am so used to having popcorn at night. Some of that stuff I already have in the house too--great!

Funny note: picked up bananas at the store. Came home and after putting everything up, grabbed a banana. My pup Freckles just Knew that was her's lol. I even put it down low enough to sniff but she tried to take it lol. I gave her a piece and she played with it for quite a while.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I eat cucumbers a lot at night-- a whole one is like 34 calories. It's not filling by a long shot but it does give you a lot of volume for very few calories. And it's soft. Maybe melon as well? I don't personally eat that much of it but I think it would meet your needs. If you're not into sweet things you could get one that's mellow like cantaloupe.
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    The Special K butter flavor popcorn chips are my new addiciton!! THEY ARE ADDICITIVE! I eat them every day and you can have about 28 as a serving...get some!!
  • FairyMomma408
    Options
    All I can think of right now is trail mix....I make my own with Chex cereal usually two different kinds and lots of dried fruit, I like apricots and cranberries. There's also the Quaker rice snacks that are very good, many different flavors. I can't think of anything very close to popcorn.....
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Just curious, and I'm sorry if I missed where this was posted, but shouldn't you go to a dentist about the tooth?
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Since you are still taking it easy on your tooth. I love slicing up a banana, putting some chocolate pudding on top and a little cool whip. Yummy!
  • dthreeus
    dthreeus Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    go online check baked garbonzo beans--tasty