I'm Not a Webble Anymore!!!

Options
Breckgirl
Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
I finally got around to having my sister take a few pictures of me so I could get rid of the Webble Icon on my profile. This is very hard for me because in my late teens and early twenties I was a runway model and paper thin. I had to GAIN weight to join the Air Force I was so thin! To face my reality like these pictures is very tough. Now I know how Kersti Allie must feel! YIKES!!

Replies

• gottagetitoff
    Options
    Congrats to you! That's a huge step...the first step in finding a solution is admitting there is a problem...and that's what you did. And BTW, you still look beautiful!! We are always our own worst critics!! Working as a model probably instilled what beauty is...but it's really being a good person on the inside. Be healthy and strong and kind, that's REAL beauty. Treat yourself and look at yourseld like you would a daughter...you wouldn't think she wasn't beautiful because she was heavier than she used to be...right? Give yourself the same leeway. You rock!! Good luck in your journey
  • sillyguy
    sillyguy Posts: 7
    Options
    congrats!!! im still a webble i guess...but maybe not one day...just dont have any picas on my comp :(
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Gotta really said it perfectly. Congrats to you for your strong step forward!

On a side note, have you seen Kirstie Alley's new show "Big Life?" OMG, I love it! She's so funny!
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    Congrats to you! That's a huge step...the first step in finding a solution is admitting there is a problem...and that's what you did. And BTW, you still look beautiful!! We are always our own worst critics!! Working as a model probably instilled what beauty is...but it's really being a good person on the inside. Be healthy and strong and kind, that's REAL beauty. Treat yourself and look at yourseld like you would a daughter...you wouldn't think she wasn't beautiful because she was heavier than she used to be...right? Give yourself the same leeway. You rock!! Good luck in your journey

Thanks for the compliments and the encouragement. Yes we are harder on ourselves than most and I am working on being my biggest cheerleader too. LOL
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    congrats!!! im still a webble i guess...but maybe not one day...just dont have any picas on my comp :(

LOL You also don't have your profile filled out Sweetie! Come on enquiring minds want to know a little bit about SillyGuy! It took me six weeks to get the pics taken and on the site so I understand...but you're the cutest little webble I've seen! :flowerforyou:
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    Gotta really said it perfectly. Congrats to you for your strong step forward!

On a side note, have you seen Kirstie Alley's new show "Big Life?" OMG, I love it! She's so funny!

I don't have cable so I miss all the good stuff but I hope she does well, I really like her.