Exercise Idea's

Options
Hi, I am 18, I don't have any exercise machines, or dumbbells, or a whole lot of time. I need some quick and easy exercise idea's do you guys have idea's of what i could do? I can't run outside cause it is too cold, and there is ice so it isn't very safe. Also I want to lose around 40 pounds in 9 months. Does that seem possible?

Replies

• calisunrise
    Options
    go on youtube and look up POP pilates. it's amazing!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Any body weight excercises (push ups/ sit ups/Squats/lunges)
    Yoga type (plank).
    Cardio can be done easily by dancing... Not just kind of move but get yourself sweating.. maybe look up zumba on youtube?
    Or jumprope/if you dont have a jumprope you can lay something small on the floor and jump over it side to side and front to back then
    Do squats or lunges in between sets.
    Dips (use something sturdy and use your arms to lower yourself down and back up) or even wall sits (back against the wall in a sitting position, hold for as long as you can).
    Pyramid excercises.. (pushups - 1 pushup, roll over and do 1 arm press into the air, roll over, 2 push ups, 2 arm presses.... to like 5 and then back down)
    High knees/butt kicks/jumping jacks
    Burpees
    Mountain climbers
    Bicycle
    Flutter kicks
    Supermans (hold 1 hand and opposite foot in air while laying on stomach, switch sides)
    Not sure the name of this one but hold on to under your door or bed while laying on your back, bring your feet up to the door/bed using your abs to lift and back down
    If all else fails, use canned goods for light weights..

There's a ton more just cant think of them off the top of my head
    Hope this helps :)
  • Alairissa
    Alairissa Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea's. If there are more please say them. Thanks :)
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Check out YouTube's BeFit channel. Tons of workout videos.