Life to 25...

Options
I have taken a big step in life. I am going on a six month journey with myself and weight loss. I know it sounds crazy, but it's enough. I am 24 years old and ever since i can remember my life has been around comments and critique regarding weight loss. I did not choose to be fat by preference okay!? I was 14 when I had a PCOS disorder, I was normal before my diagnosis. The doctors put me on hormones, which resulted in weight gain. Sure, I can not put all the blame on doctors it was my fault too. I did let go of myself, but for real how many of us keep a track when we are in our teens of what we eat and how it impacts us!? Past is past true story. My life is in this every present and present is what I need to change. Lately, life seems a little dull, I've been going through various negative thoughts about myself. Every place go or anyone I see has a weight logo with them. Weight logos that tell me that am not welcome in this every so hypocrite society! :( It is heart breaking for me to survive in conditions that bring me down out of no reason. I have decided to take my next semester off as I already mentioned I'll be 25 in Nov 2013! Yes Quarter of my life has gone under the harsh comments on my weight and how I failed as a person. I have friends and family that support me on most devastating of times and I am glad to have them, but this time I want to do more than just efforts, I want to overcome. I hope to do well in this hard, yet rewarded journey. :)

Replies

• art3mislecter
    art3mislecter Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck! I've been heavy for about five years now and battled my weight when I was a kid, too... I guess after I met my fiance I just sort of let it go. Looking to lose weight over the next year or so.