Options
I do
I eat between 11am and 7pm
I've done this since march and I've lost 92 pounds

Why do you do it?
What are your eating hours?
And with what results?

Replies

• Oh wow Great loss!! I don't do it but interested in the responses.
  • Cisco12791
    Options
    I do. BTW its Intermittent Fasting. Currently I eat about 3000 calories so eat from 1PM to 9PM. When I was losing weight on 2000 calories I would eat usually from 5PM to 8PM.
    I do it because its more convenient and enjoy eating less frequently.
    Now I'm trying to gain muscle with minimizing fat gain. Before when I was losing weight I had lost 7lbs with IF from 165lbs to 158. It helped me get through a plateau from 165.
  • 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Options
    I am interested in this. Do you just eat all your normal calories during the eating window or is there a specific type of food you must also eat? Very interesting.

What hours do you workout then?

Scarlet
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Accidentally did t today, and kinda liked it. I'm more of a volume eater than a grazer, so eating between 1PM and 9PM works well for me - big meals, no little ones. Might try it again tommorow.
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I eat about once a day. I work midnights so usually when I get home in the morning I will eat.
  • shella_bella
    Options
    bump to read responses as I am looking into doing IF.
  • kevinkalis
    Options
    Been doing it for about 3 years now. Most days I only have one meal, some time between 18:00 and 23:00.

It works great for me since smaller meals just aren't as satiating for me.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am interested in this. Do you just eat all your normal calories during the eating window or is there a specific type of food you must also eat? Very interesting.

Scarlet

There are a couple of different *Intermittent Fasting* protocols about.

Leangains style, where you eat the same amount of food in a day but just within a window
    ESE: where you fast for 24 hours 2 days a week
    5:2: where you eat very low cals 2 days a week and then normally the rest.

On a weekly basis, calories and food would be the same as with any calorie restricted (or not if not cutting) goal
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    I eat up till about 11pm then don't eat again till after 12pm.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I do it by periods, when I feel stuck or trying to lose more weight while still retaining muscle. I usually do it between 9pm until around 11am.
  • 3under2
    Options

Scarlet

Leangains style, where you eat the same amount of food in a day but just within a window

On a weekly basis, calories and food would be the same as with any calorie restricted (or not if not cutting) goal

Thanks for the response!

I just got injured (tweaked my knee when I fell in the snow), but typically lift heavy. How does eating this way affect a heavy lifting routine? I normally lift first thing in the morning (on an empty stomach) then load up on the protein after the heavy lifting session. I plan to continue working out through my injury (upper body seated and core as to not stress my knee), but am very interested in this method :).
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Scarlet

Thanks for the response!

I just got injured (tweaked my knee when I fell in the snow), but typically lift heavy. How does eating this way affect a heavy lifting routine? I normally lift first thing in the morning (on an empty stomach) then load up on the protein after the heavy lifting session. I plan to continue working out through my injury (upper body seated and core as to not stress my knee), but am very interested in this method :).

I do an informal leangains style and lift fasted in the morning - as long as I eat enough the night before I see no impact on my performance. You can go to leangains.com and see the suggested timing of meals in the feeding window based on workout times.
  • 3under2
    Options
    I do an informal leangains style and lift fasted in the morning - as long as I eat enough the night before I see no impact on my performance. You can go to leangains.com and see the suggested timing of meals in the feeding window based on workout times.
    [/quote]

Thanks again for the tip. I will check into the site you mentioned. I really appreciate your help!

Scarlet
  • DreamersWifey
    DreamersWifey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Auto correct lol sorry

But I love doing it....works well for me...after I trained me tummy to the times it's used to it!
    I'm not hungry outside these times
  • SEAFOODMAN
    Options
    I know this is old, but I eat all my calories between 1pm-5pm......I know it doesn't work well for a lot of people, but being single it does for me and I think it nets the best results for eating in a 4hr window