Looking for friends :)

Options
Hi everyone, I'm not new to this site but seem to have lost my way a bit! I lost quite a bit of weight last year with MFP but then I stopped logging on and then deleted my account when I realised that I had put everything I had lost (and more!) back on. A while back I set up my account again but didn't really do anything with it.
Over the last few days I have been trying to decide which 'diet' to start (have done them all - ww, slimmingworld etc!) but have realised I don't need another diet I need to change the way I think about food. I know its going to take time to lose this weight and would really like some help and support from people on here going through it (or those who have been throught it!). I have wonderful support at home from my family, but none of them have any problems with weight or issues with food so they don't really know what I am going through. I would really like friends to help me use this site to its full potential as I don't think I did that last time.
Some people are saying I'm crazy to try to do this just before christmas and that I should wait until the new year but I don't want to wait until then because I don't want to put even more weight on! Any tips and support are appreciated! Thanks for llistening....

Replies

• Bardane
    Bardane Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also have been on a very meandering path, including many U turns and detours :blushing:. The hard part is alway starting again. I had quite a spell of not logging, and not exercising, but am now in the routine and feelng guilty if I don't. I am determined to keep things under control over Xmas, but it is easier in Australia, when we tend to eat salads etc for Xmas. I can't do without mince pies though and they are my downfall:blushing: I have just eaten one now in fact, but did allow for it :tongue:
    Anyway I am happy to give you some support :smile:
  • jono2970
    Options
    Friend request sent - I can listen out well and support you in your goals xD
  • TheLittleLebowski
    Options
    Definitely start now (Not that you don't look wonderful, you do) it's just that I'm the type of person who will say, I'll start on Monday, then spend the weekend binging etc. It's best to view this as a lifestyle change, not something that you're going to do for a month and then reverse to old habits but rather a life change you will adhere to forever.

Since starting I now drink more water, eat more veg and am generally more active but I still have plenty of junk food, off days and such because my lifestyle is more orientated towards the long term. I'm a little worried about Christmas too though, so much nice food and drink but everything is fine in moderation, this will be the first year where I don't eat everyone's dessert (the family will probably think I'm ill).
  • KERRYLSTEVENS
    Options
    Hello,

I'm struggling to stay motivated too and I have just stumbled upon this forum. What a great idea - I love the thought of having a little community to support each other. I used to have this as part of a running group but over the years we have all stopped running and training (we now only meet up for food and drink). I am doing next to no exercise at all and I am so frustrated with myself.

I am sending you a friend request now and if anyone would like to invite me too - I would happily accept.

Kerry :)
  • cynthiawallach
    cynthiawallach Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am new to mfp but my husband an I are doing it together / I too have been on every diet / but only the healthy ones / everyone that I work with tells me that I am ok because I always eat healthy / but I stay the same / what I need to do is lose 40 pounds / take one week at a time an do not stop don't give up / yes this is the perfict time to start /m in Jan. when everyone is over by 5-20 pounds yes even the skinny ones want to lose / you can smile when the ask you how you did it / do n't give up if you have a bad day just start again on your next meal / I love this site
  • cynthiawallach
    cynthiawallach Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    friend me
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I think it is great you are starting now and not waiting until after the holidays! I have been really up and down on my weight over the years, as well, hitting my goal weight or getting close, then letting myself go and eventually having to start over again. Each time has taught me something and I am ready to make a serious lifestyle change so I never have to start back at square one again. I'm going to add you; I think having support and accountability is a huge part of success on this journey. Anyone else looking for the same can feel free to add me as well.
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Get some rocking friends here who are committed to logging daily. It will help alot. Friend got me onto this and the weight is coming off sooo slowly, but its coming off and I am learning to make better choices and to move more. My commitment is to log daily.. that's it. From that I can see what choices I could have changed to make my food work better for me and also has got me moving more so I can eat more. Its set at 1330 calories a day which isn't a whole lot of leeway, so if I exercise 300 calories more I can eat more. Usually stay around 1450.

Yeah the weight is going slow, probably cuz I am older and still not moving as much as I could be but hey I wont have to worry bout loose skin issues :P and I am enjoying the process. I haven't been at this weight ..think I was 2 years ago, so even though its only 17 lbs I am the weight I was 2 years ago. In 06 I was at 195. Hoping to reach that weight buy June. Small steps going in the right direction. All I have to do is log daily. How easy is that?

My friends here are awesome and they are dedicated and call me on crap which is a good thing. And supportive even though the loss is so dang slow. Its a life choice and even though i am fat and still am limited to fat clothes I know soon I will be wearing size 18! Am going to be out of the ugly clothes! I really hate fat clothes choices.