Wish my weight loss would speed up

Options
nina1968
nina1968 Posts: 86 Member
Let me start by saying Iam very proud of my 19lb weight loss. I was just a little disapointed that i didn't hit the 20 mark. I was doing about 2-3 lbs a week now I am about 1.5-2.5 lbs a week. I have changed my workout and am trying very hard to meet my calorie goals. Sometimes it is just to many calories to have to meet. But I am only 8lbs away from the weight I signed up to be my goal. I am thinking I should meet my goal in time for my vegas trip on june 29. I also want to thank everyone for all the great advice during my weight loss journey. Is anyone else having a slow down period in there weekly weight loss? Once again thanks for all the advice. :smile:

Replies

• sillyguy
    sillyguy Posts: 7
    Options
    Hang in there....it will happen...i just know the closer you get to goal, the slower it seems to lose....great insight i know :)
  • bsellers
    bsellers Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm just starting my second week in my program, so I am not far enough in to be there. However, I've been told that it will happen. All you can do is work at it harder to get over the plateau. They say the last 10 are the hardest to lose.
  • realityhack
    Options
    From what I have heard from doctors, dietitians, etc. everyone tends to plateau at some point and the last pounds are significantly harder than the first. Just hang in there.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Considering my weight loss has been pretty slow too... I'm liking the idea that the slower it comes off the easier it is to KEEP off!

LOL

I've lost 10 pounds in about 11 weeks so far. When I lost my original 60 pounds my average was 1.5 - 2 pounds a week. I'll take what I can get, down is down!!

:wink:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Your weight loss to date has been amazing. I'm also having trouble with these last couple of pounds. I just changed my goal to lose half a pound a week and I'm really working on toning up my body. I recently started running (changed from the aerobics I was doing), weights, and pilates. I'm going to look great even if it takes me awhile to lose these last 2 pounds.
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm going to look great even if it takes me awhile to lose these last 2 pounds.

Thank you for writing that last bit! For some reason, this is exactly what I needed to hear. I don't know if I'll ever hit my "magic number," but I know when I get close I'll be toned, fit, and healthy, and that's what really matters.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!