starting for real for, for real

Options
Hello;
My name is Nicky and I live in DC and started my lifestyle change journey in August of this year. Partly because my Dr seemed to care more about me then I did about myself at the time, partly because "my future" made me realize that maybe I should hang around for a while, partly because I see my kids heading in the same direction as me, and partly because I need to feel successful at something. I don't like and have not liked how I have looked for many a year, and now I want to do something about it. I haven't felt sexy in a very long time. I know I am a good person and have a great personality, but that description to me always seems to describe the fat kid that sits at home alone.....lol That's me. My children are growing up and don't need me as much, so now, I have to start taking care of me and looking for my own happiness within myself and not within my kids.
I'm really syked about this and have lost 26 pounds since this August. I have lost 10 of those since I have started on this site which I am so grateful to my sister for telling me about. I feel like a kid in a candy store with all the information and support I see going on here. I can't wait to build up my friend list of positive people and we collectively lose the weight that we are all trying to shed. I know that there will be ups and downs, but you know what? I'm looking for the downs, because I feel that i will make it through this time and keep moving forward until I have lost my 100 in total that I have been wanting to loose for years.

Replies

• carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey, Nicky! It sounds like you are making huge changes in your life and I love your positive attitude! I think that having support and accountability on this site is a huge help on this journey! I'm going to add you :)
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck...I started this current journey back in March I'm down 76 pounds...it's a battle to win. I love helping others and having the accountability we have here. Feel free to add me, I plan on being here for a very long time...and making more and more strides.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey! Just remember, each day is a new opportunity for positive change, but especially to shrug off the occasional bad day. Its not easy to change your life and none of us is perfect. Keep up your amazing start!
  • lbt1028
    Options
    I am "new again" to MFP. Started out a while back and took a little detour. Currently following South Beach Diet & adding exercise back into my life. I'd love to meet some new friends that are on this journey at the same time. I could really use the encouragement and accountability & I will try to give back that same support so we can reach our goals together. Please add! :)
  • Nikkismission
    Nikkismission Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    thanks Carly...we can do this!!!!!!:happy:
  • Nikkismission
    Nikkismission Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words. I have something to reflect back on when I feel it's getting rough.
  • valleylife209
    valleylife209 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Nicky, you have already completed the hardest part which is taking the first step. Your taking action and will action lead to your results. You will find that MFP is an awesome support system!!! I love it an it has really kept me on track!! Anytime you have one of those harder days just post what your feeling and there will be someone to help you through it!! I look forward to seeing you hit your goals!!