Frustrated with Carbs taking over my Protein intake! HELP!

Options
I just don't get this! Everyone says increase your protein to lose weight, but when I do, anything else I eat (fruit or veggies) the sugars over compensate my protein!!! I DON'T GET THIS! I can't live on eggs and chicken. . .ugh! I get physically ill on tuna, and not much of a fish person. I try to keep everything simple, but this carb thing is driving me crazy! whenever I look at my total daily intake percentages, I feel very discouraged!

Am I making this too hard?:sad: :explode:

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Can you re-state your issue?

What do you mean by your sugar is over compensating your protein?
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I am confused.
  • sherilyn1203
    Options
    I feel your frustration!...I've been working with a nutrittionist and she directed me to healthylivinghowto.com
    Its a great website with healthy recipies that you can tweek. One thing I learned that has been really great is ricing califlower...instead of eating say rice with chicken....grate a head of califlower and saute it with onion and mushrooms...and chicken and it taste great and fills you up like rice would.....don't give up...there are alternatives to the carbs that fill us up...and don't feel like you have to eat so much fruit....my nutritionist told me not too, because of the sugar...she said eat this order Protein, Veggies, and then Starch last....so that by the time you get the the carbs, you might be full. You should be eating lots and lots of veggies....good luck...and being on myfitnesspal.com says a lot, that you are on your way to healthy living and eating...so don't give up...happy healthy living!!....: )
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you're struggling to reach your protein goal without exceeding sugar or carbs?
  • cforren
    Options
    I have the same issue. What I do is try to eat equal amounts of carbs and proteins. You are going to have sugars in your fruit and veggies because they are the natural sugars being produced. Keep in mind that everyone's body and metabolic rate is different so what may work for one person may not work for another. Hope this helps
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Eat beef.
  • stringsnthings
    stringsnthings Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have that problem too. But I figure green vegatable carbs are ok even if i go over and I am losing weight so i guess that's the answer.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Eat lean beef and pork tenderloin unless your religion doesn't allow it. Both are rich in protein.
  • joellevh
    joellevh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What does your daily food intake look like?? Add me if you want. :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what this is even saying...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Eat beef.

:drinker:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have that problem too. But I figure green vegatable carbs are ok even if i go over and I am losing weight so i guess that's the answer.

You do? Would you mind sharing with the rest of us who are completely confused about the issue? Thanks! I'm completely lost as to the problem being addressed.
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just don't get this! Everyone says increase your protein to lose weight, but when I do, anything else I eat (fruit or veggies) the sugars over compensate my protein!!! I DON'T GET THIS! I can't live on eggs and chicken. . .ugh! I get physically ill on tuna, and not much of a fish person. I try to keep everything simple, but this carb thing is driving me crazy! whenever I look at my total daily intake percentages, I feel very discouraged!

Am I making this too hard?:sad: :explode:

There are carbs and carbs: my wife is eating tons of fruits (about 10!) and vegs every day, eats very small portions of proteins and she is not storing any fat at all...as long as you eat fresh fruits & vegs, don't care too much. I hardly see how you could gain weight with apples, lemons and eggplants if you don't fry them :)

Of course industrial products or french bakery is certainly impacting our body fat differently....but every one knows those aliments are to be avoided. As we cook everything fresh, the only aliments I try to control for my carbs/glycemic levels are bread, pasta and potatoes...and I changed my fresh orange juice of the morning for a lemon juice. I also changed some other daily fruits (banana and orange) for daily vegs just to make sure, but I don't think it changes anything
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    Eat more veggies and limit your fruit intake if you want to go low carb. Fruits are high on sugar - veggies are not.
  • Ravepixie87
    Options
    I used to track my carbs religiously, but unless you are aiming to get into ketosis then going over your carb percentage by eating green leafy veggies shouldnt worry you at all. No one is going to get fat eating brocolli!

The carbs you should be making sure you watch out for is things like bread, pasta, potatoes etc etc, anything that can be white, even the brown and whole wheat versions should be monitored because too much of these will stall weight loss for most people.

Watch out for too much fruit consumption, as sugar (even natural) is bad if you are trying to lose weight, think of it as natures version of sweets or candy and reserve it for a treat or as a pudding if you are craving something sweet.
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Oh wow this is really helpful I am new to this as well and have had the same problem! I need to eat lots of veggies! Damn, I like a lot more fruits then I do veggies..
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    What she is saying is, her carb intake is higher than her protein intake. What I am going to say is so what? You don't need to consume large amounts of protein to lose weight. My carb to protein ratio is 2:1. That means for every two grams of carbs, I am around 1 gram of protein.

I have NO issues with dropping weight. Do what works for you and stop getting upset on what you "heard".
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    I eat 0.8-0.0 grams protein per bodyweight or 1gram is ur slightly Low its fine relax
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    protein powder helps :)
  • esquire9
    esquire9 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I will say as long as you are below your daily carb requirement and over on your daily protein reguirement , you should be okay . you might need to stay away from starchy and sweet fruits to reduce your carb intake