What's your favorite app for motivation/exercising?

Options
Just wondering what's your favorite app to keep you motivated besides myfitpal? I heard some good things on Nike..but is there any other ones out there?

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    There's millions. Depend what e excise for a start. Take a look at STRIIV for walking/running.
  • dlegros
    dlegros Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm using "Your Gym" which is the app that goes with You Are Your Own Gym.
  • oukils
    oukils Posts: 20
    Options
    thanks!! :) will check it out
  • bikingtoday
    Options
    I just found an app called "Virtual Walk" on Android. It essentially consists of pre-made virtual tours of different places, but you don't have to be at the places to do the tours. For instance, there is a Washington Mall tour, but I walked outside my apartment in Richmond and the distance I walked here showed up on a map of D.C. When I "walked" pass a memorial information and pictures come up about the landmark. I thought it would be really boring, but there is actually some really interesting content so far. (kind of feels like you are going on a guided tour). The app forces you to walk (or run) the required distance to unlock the information at the memorials/landmarks.

Here is a link it on google play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.virtualwalk.android&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS52aXJ0dWFsd2Fsay5hbmRyb2lkIl0.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Zombies,run!
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Fitocracy is great. I like the PC version better than the app. Fitocracy is for logging exercise/activity and you get points for your workouts! Then you level up and get badges for completing different quests. You join groups and the groups have challenges. It's a really great community! You should join!
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    Instagram!!

I follow all the fitness pages and look at the things posted for motivation. Especially if I'm at the gym and ready to quit I look at all the motivational quotes/ fitness photos and I push myself to keep going.
    It really does help!
  • leaffan12
    leaffan12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Zombies,run!

boom! so awesome right?

also fitbit.com + fitbit one tracker. epically good.
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is also good. I look at the 'Health & Fitness' page every day for motivational quotes and exercises. Check it out!
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Zombies,run!
    This, along with Endomondo app.
    Instagram!!

I follow all the fitness pages and look at the things posted for motivation. Especially if I'm at the gym and ready to quit I look at all the motivational quotes/ fitness photos and I push myself to keep going.
    It really does help!

Fitness pages? Interesting, I didn't know those existed on Instagram. I too use it for motivation. Take pics of self, upload to Instagram, see how big I still am, INSTANT MOTIVATION! :laugh:
  • Brian_VA
    Brian_VA Posts: 125
    Options
    Endomondo

Huge following. Automatically records exercise into your mfp diary. Smartphone app tracks mileage using GPS (running, cycling, walking, etc.). Challenges galore. Virtually any form of exercise. Takes speed, distance, elevation, and weather into consideration in computing calories burned. Even tells you how much water you lost. Highly recommended!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I use Nike Training Club for workouts - I like that I can mix and match workouts depending on my focus for the day. They have workouts from 15 to 45 minutes long, and you earn badges and unlock new workouts for hitting milestones in minutes logged.

For running I like Nike+ - badges, tracking milestones and persona bests, and setting goals. Runkeeper is good too, I use it for tracking walking and running because I started with it first, and I have friends there who motivate me. :)
  • IronTitaness
    Options
    This site. MapMyWalk. Jefit.
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Cardiotrainer for android. No idea if iphone has it. But I log and track all my workouts and there's an icon in the notification bar that shows you how much cals you have burned weekly and that helps keep me motivated. If you get past 1000 cals or something, it turns gold. <3 All those apps that sync with myfitnesspal suuuck. I wish Cardiotrainer could sync up instead. D:
  • Mjolner
    Mjolner Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just started using body media this week, and have it linked to MyFitnessPal to collect the dietary info. I have had issues with exercise equipment over reporting, under reporting and not picking up my heart beat. I figured this would be a consistent way for me to capture the data, without effort. I really like it. I have been playing with the workout feature as well, but I haven't found any audio "incentives" during exercise. But it is still relatively new to me.

The one thing that really surprised me is not that it has a sleep monitor, but rather that after five days of using it, I found out that I only sleep 6 hours a night. So I am having to make a conscious effort to understand why that is.
  • BeGoneWeight88
    Options
    I tried Virtual Walk, its pretty cool!
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    camera+