day one

Options
today is the first day for me and my daughter on this journey, we are starting out doing the 3 day military diet, being this is our first day i am highly motivated. it's easy to be motivated the first day!
i hope to meet lots of friends here. and to be able to share in your ups and downs, i am anxious to get to know you. will you be my friend?

Replies

• mkinmon72
    mkinmon72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and I understand motivation on day one is easy. This is day seven for me and I'm still motivated and excited about this journey. You and your daughter will be successful!
  • Mjolner
    Mjolner Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Willpower is a muscle to be exercised, and habit makes it easier. Make it a habit. :-)
  • terrymbradley
    Options
    Good luck always remember YOU can do this...........
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I just read about that military diet....seems strange, but if it works, than its worth it. Good luck to you and your daughter. :flowerforyou:
  • Slyfoxxes
    Slyfoxxes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. That's why I joined MFP. I'm definitely in nwed. Of a support system. You can add me as afriend and we can help motivate each other.
  • lrose50
    lrose50 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm just winding up week 3. MFP is a great way to get support from peope who are travelling the same journey. I find with tracking the food and excercise it really helps to keep you on track. And the bulletin boards are a great way to keep in touch with other people. Fee free to add me as a friend.

Good luck to you and your daughter.
  • Suzyqall72
    Options
    Hi. Good luck. MFP is great for support and ideas. Feel free to add me.

:smile:
  • mstacey62
    Options
    Today is Day 1 for me...Don't really have a plan on hand as yet, but that's okay. I'm going to take it slow one day at a time, feel free to add me .
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    today is the first day for me and my daughter on this journey, we are starting out doing the 3 day military diet, being this is our first day i am highly motivated. it's easy to be motivated the first day!
    i hope to meet lots of friends here. and to be able to share in your ups and downs, i am anxious to get to know you. will you be my friend?

Good luck to you and your daughter. It can be hard work, but it is worth it. I would like to say that maybe a fad diet is not the best way to start your journey. If you use the search feature, you can find some great info on determining the proper number of calories to eat. I would hate to see you get frustrated on a low cal diet and give up. Choose the slow and sustainable way!
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    OK, I moved to my computer so I could get to my bookmarks. Here are just a couple of good threads to help you on your journey. One is kind of long, but the info is so good. I found the "roadmap" thread early on and it helped so much. You don't have to go hungry to do this. Yes, you have to make changes, but not drastic ones. Hope these help. There is a lot more good info out there. Don't be afraid to do some research.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mrsbigmack/view/finding-the-sweet-spot-452184
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I've been here for a little while now and it's a great supportive place to be :smile: feel free to add me and the best of luck to you and your daughter
  • theultimatelooser
    Options
    Hey im young im 18 and looking to loose about 50lbs
    just looking for some motivation from someone my age or
    someone aiming to loose the same amount of weigh as me,
    it would be nice to have a buddy to support me or for me to support, because for once i do not want to fail my diet/weight loss journey xx
  • kathyd0829
    Options
    I also began this journey with my daughter almost one year ago and I am still excited to be here and have made some wonderful friends who inspire and motivate me every single day. Feel free to add me to your friends list. I am 55 and understand it is harder as you get older. The best of luck to you and don't let anything get you down.
  • leelaa
    leelaa Posts: 33
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add me too.
  • healthywtb
    healthywtb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    You may add me. Good luck to you and your daughter.
  • kmcauley4
    Options
    hey you can add me if you want :)
  • keepmeinstitches
    Options
    i am so computer illiterate! i just "found" this page of the message board! one day i'll get with the program!
    been away from the diet...kinda watching (i say kinda liberally) watching what i eat....but today we are starting back on track...up 5 lbs from a couple of weeks ago, but not the 9 that i started out with!!!
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)