Elliptical

Options
Here's a question. I'm looking into getting an elliptical. However I don't have $2500 for a good one. Anyone have one under $500. And recommend it? I love my treadmill but may be time for a change.

Replies

• Map414
    Options
    You might have to check online for one that low.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Sears last December for under $500................It's a Norditrack...............it does the job!!! :smile:
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    Look for an ex commercial one?
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I paid 1K for mine and it is a nordic track.. January should have a bunch of fitness equipment on sale for all those new year resolutions.
  • rapat
    rapat Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If you can up your price rage I'd go with a lower end smooth fitness or sole elliptical for 800. Maybe cheaper if you can wait for a deal.

Also check craiglist for high end models. If you're not in a rush you can find a good deal as when people move or stop using their equipment they just want to get rid of it and there's not a big demand -- since you need the ability to transport it yourself.
  • ffffaaatttt
    ffffaaatttt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Craig's list is your friend.
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    In our city there's a re-seller for Precor. You might have one of those around.

Or second hand sporting goods stores like Play It Again might get some of those in stock.

You could stretch your budget by going second hand instead of new.
  • melandian
    Options
    All great advise. Thanks everyone