No Calories Burned For Weight Lifting?

Options
I am sure this topic has been covered before but I am going to throw out the "new" card! :) My question is, why doesn't MFP give credit for calories burned when lifting? I used to be a personal trainer and I know that you burn calories when lifting......

Replies

• 38meanie
    Options
    Which is why I sometimes don't even bother logging them in but its got to count for something :(
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Its under Cardiovascular, then Strength Training. The Strength section is more for tracking reps from what I understand..
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You can log it under cardio, there's strength training listed in the database
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You have to log the strength training under cardio for it to log the calories burned. I think the weight lifting log is for you to keep track of how much you are lifting.

God bless,
    Karen
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know that..
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post and answer! I had quit logging mine. :)
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    Yep took me a while to realize it was there myself. Now I just log minutes of training for an estimate of calories burned.
  • faupster
    faupster Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You have to log the strength training under cardio for it to log the calories burned. I think the weight lifting log is for you to keep track of how much you are lifting.

God bless,
    Karen

truth
  • denisedwrt
    denisedwrt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can log it under cardio, there's strength training listed in the database

Awesome!! I didn't even check that!!
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights is the only form of exercise that creates awesome instead of burning something...