Vegan Christmas Breakfast

Options
vegan4lyfe2012
vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,157 Member
Each year we celebrate Christmas morning with a HUGE breakfast feast. This is the first Christmas that my mom and I are vegan, so I need some ideas for rich, filling vegan breakfast items. Neither one of us cares for faux meat substitutes, either. And yes, I'll still make the traditional foods for the kids since I can't make them give up critters.

Replies

• iamDawnAnderson
    iamDawnAnderson Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Homemade drop biscuits (maybe with herbs & vegan cheese), a yummy veggie packed tofu scramble & some tempeh "bacon"
  • Ravepixie87
    Options
    I'm the same as you, cant stand fake meat, its so processed!

I make hash browns with onions and cauliflower instead of potato, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, you can make your own version of baked beans that dont contain as much sugar, I make mushroom and garlic burgers from scratch but instead of forming them into burger shapes you can roll them so they look more like sausages, you can use any kind of veggies for those!

And vegan pancakes (you can substitute apple sauce for eggs)
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I just posted an eggless french toast recipe using tofu. :D
  • kirlia
    kirlia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I agree with tofu scramble, that used to be my faves. For a little extra something something, throw some veggies in there, put it all on top of a tostada with salsa and guacamole, and you have my other favourite - vegan rancheros! Mexican Christmas :love:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    You can make a vegan fritata. I haven't made one yet but they look good and would be more a special occassion type breakfast than tofu scramble. Would be good paired with some biscuits I think.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Options
    I make tofu scrambles all the time...I'm thinking the glamorous frittata is just what I 'm looking for! And the hash brown substitute is pretty darn interesting. Thanks, everyone!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Options
    Thanks for the link for the vegan holiday recipes - there are several that make me drool :)