The Golden Rule - How to lose fat

Options
Reading through the forums there are a lot of posts that go un answered about weight loss help, tips, not seeing results, etc. So here is some info, hope it helps.

---> The Golden Rule:
> You must have a deficit to lose weight. Period.

So what does that mean?
-Calories in must be less then calories out.

Working out helps create that deficit but the diet is what will make or break it.

Whats next? Getting Started?

-Workout 3 times a week
- 1-1.25g per pound TOTAL weight
-Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week

Success is guaranteed.

Hope it helps, add me if you want :)
post up any questions

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    It's pretty simple, really.
  • faupster
    faupster Posts: 86 Member
    Options

I agree, but thought this might help cut down on all the posts about how to get started, why no results, etc.
  • faireplay
    Options
    Other than going somewhere and paying money how can we know our lean body mass?
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

I agree, but thought this might help cut down on all the posts about how to get started, why no results, etc.
    You need to add, High rep training doesn't increase caloric burn. If you're weight training to burn calories, then you're misinformed. <- Don't add that part.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options

It won't help. People are too lazy to use the search button. But good effort. :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    t thought this might help cut down on all the posts about how to get started, why no results, etc.

good intention

but will it cut down on posts about why no results?

no....they will never end

but thanks tho
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options

Not likely.
  • faupster
    Options
    I updated the post
  • faupster
    Options
    t thought this might help cut down on all the posts about how to get started, why no results, etc.

good intention

but thanks tho

haha, thanks!

It looks like you have been here awhile so I will not question your thoughts about this. lol
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

good intention

i so agree both with the op and this, the big problem is people think they can still eat all the rubbish and do nothing. the myths on stuff like starvation mode etc dont help, and yes there will still be posts to bypass.
    but thanks tho
  • irisheyes42us
    Options

go to Fat 2 Fit radio~ it has a tool to figure that for you :)
    It is an online site
  • fit_spired_vicky
    Options
    Thanks! I needed that :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    - 1-1.25g per pound TOTAL weight

You accidentally a noun.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    It's definitely good to be reminded of the basics. I think we over-think weight loss.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options

It won't help. People are too lazy to use the search button. But good effort. :)

If I use the search feature can I add that typing in as a part of my calories burned for the day?
  • tinytemple
    tinytemple Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I agree that we often over-think weight loss problems but although weight loss is simple in your nice typed up formula, humans are not cloned lab rats and everyone has their own quirks. Also I personally believe it's more about what you eat than how much... if you eat the right type of foods then there is no need to calculate so precisely.

My "golden rule" for weight loss would be to change your attitude to food and exercise and create a healthy lifestyle.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Also I personally believe it's more about what you eat than how much... if you eat the right type of foods then there is no need to calculate so precisely.

NOPE

you have violated the golden rule

go to the end of the line
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Also I personally believe it's more about what you eat than how much... if you eat the right type of foods then there is no need to calculate so precisely.

NOPE

you have violated the golden rule

go to the end of the line

Yeah, back of the line for sure.

By this reasoning, I could eat an entire roasted chicken with brown rice and veggies and not have to worry about it.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    But I am a special snowflake !
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/

Check out the military body fat calculator.. It gives BF and Lean mass numbers.