New guy on the block

Options
Hello all. I'm coming to MFP after doing WW for the past 30 weeks. I feel I now have the tools to do this thing on my own. I've lost 48.6 lbs under the WW program. I look forward to moving along in my weight loss journey as I transition to MFP. Good luck to everyone out there trying to lose weight. It's not easy, but it's not a death march either. If anyone would like my input please feel free to ask. I will tell you up front that I will tell you like it is and not necessarily what you want to hear.

Replies

• ruby72288
    ruby72288 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey! congrats on the weight loss! thats amazing. how was it on ww? i looked into trying it but never really followed through
  • Ramshots
    Ramshots Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey! congrats on the weight loss! thats amazing. how was it on ww? i looked into trying it but never really followed through
    It's really a lot like MFP when it comes to tracking food. They don't say they are counting calories but that is what they do. They just convert it to different numbers and call it points. A WW point is roughly 40 calories. You don't count veggies and fruits. They are 0 points. It's a mental game to try and guide you to healthier eating. Wohoo these things don't count. What they don't tell you is they build in that amount ahead of time so it's already accounted for. They just don't tell you that. It's a good program. I like the way it works but I don't feel I need to pay for it anymore since the only thing I get out of it is the tracking and weigh in. If you would like further discussion or have specifc questions, feel free to ask.