Weight not moving!

Options
Hi anyone whos out there!
I'm really struggling to shift my weight right now! Its stayed the same for the past month despite me eating a low amount of 1200 calories a day! somee days i may have treats but i NEVER go above 2000 and most day as i said its 1200 calories a day! Anyone else got this problem? Any idea on how to get my weight moving down again? I'm on the edge of giving up as its so frustrating!

Hope you are all doing well!
Daisy

Replies

• grebke
    Options
    I'm having a similar situation, since I started counting my calories about 5 weeks ago I have lost 10 lbs however I noticed that my weight has not moved for the past 2 weeks even thou my diet has been adjusted and I am consuming less calories.
    What I think is that my body has noticed that I am consuming less calories and its trying to save as much as possible, this happens to my mom too, she eats very little (not that she is on a diet but that just the way she eats) and she is not a slim person. Sometimes eatting a little can be bad for lossing weight because your body will keep as much as possible as a reserve, on the other hand if you are in the habit of eatting constantly your metabolism will run faster.
    Eat small portions every two or three hours, try to eat healthy but you can add just a little of that craving once on a while. exersice regularly, the best is to go over your calorie count and balance it with exercise so you can keep your metabolism running, teach your body that it will get the nutrients it needs so it doesn't over react and keeps them all.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Without stats (height, weight, age, gender) and daily physical activity info, it's hard to give advice.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Chlo92x
    Chlo92x Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem, I started low carb 2 months ago and lost 10-11lb in the first month, since then no movement... Its also hard to stick to... So I have decided to make a change up and eat balanced healthy diet with alot of fruit and fibre which I wasnt getting on low carb. hopefully this will kick start my weight loss and when I do start up low carb in the future hopefully i will experience the same quick results.

I have decided to change this today, soooo. anyone got any advice on new macros for balanced diet? Iv only every dieted on low carb..

Chloe x
    5'2, 117lb.
  • daisystewart17
    Options
    My stats are
    164cms (5ft 4.7)
    62kgs (9 stone 11)
    17 years old
    female
    and i dont do much exercise maybe 1-2 times a week i exercise but have a job in a nursery.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    My stats are
    164cms (5ft 4.7)
    62kgs (9 stone 11)
    17 years old
    female
    and i dont do much exercise maybe 1-2 times a week i exercise but have a job in a nursery.
    I'm assessing at least 1500 per day. Thing is that you have to stay consistent to see results and lapses where you go up to 2000 won't give you consistent results.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition