for women out there!

Options
Any of you find you seem to not lose or even GAIN weight before and just at the start of your period?
I've been working hard and sticking to 1200 calories a day but i weighed myself today and i gained 0.3kgs, but then later on today i got my period! could this weight be caused by my period or is it genuinely my weight?

Any thoughts?

Replies

• Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    From my memory (thankfully I no longer have the 'curse') - you will retain fluid in the days leading up to your period so you will weigh heavier and then lose the extra water as your period starts.

Linda
  • daisystewart17
    Options
    Yeah i weighed myself today before my period started and a couple of days before that and it said i weigh 62kgs but my periods just started so im hoping that means if i weigh myself again in a couple of days some weight should come off!
    Thank you!
    Daisy
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I usually put on a temporary 1 to 2 lbs AFTER my period is done. Prior to my period, I'm usually down 1 to 2 lbs, so there's about a three to four lb difference, depending on where I'm at in my cycle. I've been maintaining my weight for about a year now, so this pattern is pretty evident now.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I always gain water weight from my period, usually 2-4 pounds, then it's gone by the final day.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    YES!!!

I tend to gain 5-10 pounds during my period. It's water and bloat weight, though, it's not actual fat that's suddenly latched onto you. I weighed myself last night (currently on my period) and again this morning, and it was a 5 POUND DIFFERENCE. Crazy, right? But the weight will drop once your period is gone, maybe a few days after. Don't worry!
  • daisystewart17
    Options
    Thank you cant wait till after its finished really eager to see what my actual weights done cause everyones been complementing me on my weight lose yet the scales havent shown much so far! Hopefully they are right and i've lost!
    daisy
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Yes. And I always lose a lot afterwards.

But - trust me - it sucks when you're near menopause and things get irregular, as you do the monthly weight gain and only sometimes do the weight loss.
  • thomakg
    thomakg Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Water weight for sure - and excuse this folks - the bowels tend to slow down then too. Then the period comes and 'flush'!

Sorry:)
  • daisystewart17
    Options
    Dont apoligise! haha hopefully you are correct and it is just from my periods as i've worked so hard and was sad to see no progress hopefully once i weigh myself after my period it will say i've lost!
    Daisy