Looking for Keto Friends!!

Options
I have lost most of my weight eating a ketogenic diet. I am looking for friends who share my interest in a high fat, moderate protein, and low card diet. I have had wild success eating this way and I'd love to share my insights and story with anyone who would like to try it as well.

Sincerely, Lindi xoxo : )

Replies

• andek095
    andek095 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had to click the link to find out what a "keto friend" was. I've not heard much about a ketogenic diet approach.

Would you mind sharing how many calories you budget for on this diet? (just the basic daily intake goal-- not adjusted by your exercise)

Thanks,
    Kirk
  • SkullMama73
    Options
    The ketogenic diet is primarily used for children with epilepsy. From what I remember, the high fat to low carb ratio helps control seizures. How has this diet helped you, and aren't you concerned with what this type of diet does to your heart and arteries? No judgement here, I'm just curious about your choice.
  • LindaWarner17
    LindaWarner17 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! I don't count calories very diligently on this diet because it decreases my appetite as a result of being in ketosis. However, I find that I end up eating between 1500 and 2000 calories a day when I keep track of them. Thanks for the query : )
  • LindaWarner17
    LindaWarner17 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi SkullMama,

Thanks for the question : ) Your concern is one that I had myself when I started thinking about eating this way. There is a lot of research available in the area of low carbohydrate/ketogenic dieting and its effects on cholesterol levels. All of the studies I have found and read on this subject indicate that eating a diet high in fat and low in carbs increases good cholesterol levels while reducing bad cholesterol levels in a variety of patient populations. I am planning on getting a physical soon to ensure I am on the right track and not damaging my bod.

A great resource in evidence-based nutrition is this website: www.kriskris.com/
    I also read the Atkins New Diet Revolution when I began. It explains the science in great detail also.
  • wafedo
    wafedo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @andek095 here's a good overview of what exactly the ketogenic (keto) diet entails, how it works, and also provides some good reference material. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aiHSPoto_YqsNTDvL-g60nytMnyH-CJcCbiAx1IEUYM/edit