Morning Workouts

Options
I've noticed that when I workout in the morning (instead of after work) I'm less hungry throughout the day. I'm not obsessing over food as much or thinking when am I going to eat next. This really surprised me I thought for sure If I started off my day with a workout my body would want to re-fuel and I would be hungry all day. Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anybody know why this happens? just curious

Replies

• faupster
    faupster Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have experienced the same thing, and over time I have noticed if I skip a morning workout I feel miserable the rest of the day.

Basically the morning workout gets your body going.

If you do that workout on an empty stomach and then eat a protein rich meal after - you'll feel good all day.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I think it's partly physical and partly mental. Physically, your body gets 'woken up' and starts the day by using its energy efficiently. Even though it seems like you're probably just using *up* all the energy, you're actually telling your body to spread out its energy over the whole day. Mentally, it's just like a little personal secret, that you've already done something good for yourself even before your work day has started. That's a powerful little piece of knowledge to hold onto. It makes you want to continue doing good things for yourself over the rest of the day.

Something like that, anyway, lol.