does anyone know why??

Options
ok so i have always been told to weigh in the morning after you use the bathroom and before you take a shower or eat anything, because that is your true weight.

But the past couple days i have been experimenting with my scale and weighing myself both in the morning and in the late afternoon, and i have found that i actually weigh less.

Today for example i woke up and weighed myself and i was 140.4,
then i ate a huge 800-900 calorie breakfast, went for a 20 minute run 2 hours later, then took a shower, and drank like 2 cups of water.
I then weighed and i was 139.0

I also weighed about 5 times each time just to make sure i wasn't standing on the scale wrong or anything.

Does anyone know why this happens??

Replies

• TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    I think a variety of things could factor into this. Water weight loss after a workout via sweating and the like. Also, as gross as it is, bowel movements can effect your weight, especially if you're weighing after one.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    since i use the scale at my gym i always weigh in the afternoons, its worked for me!
  • FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    In my opinion and little experience No method of weighing yourself is going to be 100% accurate or consistent as we have too many variables in daily life that can affect the results so some fluctuations should be expected. When you weigh yourself you should note the numbers and record them to be viewed as a broader trend so monday on an empty stomach and after emptying my bladder in the morning i might weigh 135lb, on tuesday i went out for an evening meal and ate lean steak, baked potato and broccoli or something wednesday i go up to 137lb but by sunday after eating normally and emptying my stomach and bladder im down to 133lb over time you should look at the trend over months rather than weeks and that will give you the real picture :0) Using myself as an example I am terribly undisciplined at the weekend, i snack, eat the wrong food and dont drink as much water so come monday morning i KNOW im going to be 3lb or more up but by friday each week i have dropped a pound or two from the previous friday.
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    If I had to guess water weight is so temperamental and that's probably why.