One year ago...

Options
...I had my right hand in plaster (broke two fingers rather badly, had them wired in), my boyfriend needed space so he could cheat on me with some easy floosie he met in a night club, I was 2 stone heavier (28 lbs), I was unfit, rather depressed and basically looking forward to the worst Christmas of my life.

This year I have been lifting heavy for 5 months, been in the gym for 8 months, am fitter, faster and stronger than when I was leaner 3 years ago...my bodyfat percentage has decreased by 6 %...and I am looking forward to next year already, bring it on!

I have written off 2012 as the worst year of my life, it sucked huge amounts of *kitten*...broke my foot, my wrist and then my hand and then I had severe relationship problems. This year has been the best year of my life. I have found myself, patted myself down and patted myself on the back...

I am successful, a great mother, fit, attractive, intelligent and many other positives I could not string together last year...

Where was everyone else last year?

Replies

• nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Anyone...want to share their one year ago stories...?!
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    just started a new job which I am not in anymore.

Naive to a lot of people around me, not seeing things as they are.

I'm starting 2013 stronger on many levels and clearer than 2012.

Well done for working through everything I hope next year is better for you x
  • sumer_13
    sumer_13 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say, how awesome i think you are!! Yo u go girl!
  • newmommy4172011
    newmommy4172011 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Last year I had an 8 month old daughter that we were getting ready for her first Christmas. I was overweight, and even though I was a new mom, I was unhappy. While getting ready for our Christmas pictures I realized I didn't fit into the clothes I wanted to wear. In order to match my new family, I had to wear a maternity shirt.

This year, I am a more confidant mother, happy, and a lot more fit. We had our pictures today and I have to say, I was wearing a size 8 dress! I can't wait for Christmas this year!
  • jendy67
    Options
    This is probably not the vane this thread is meant but

I year ago I was 97 kilos and feeling on top of the world.
    A year slipped by and wham 108.9 kilos in weight and feeling miserable about myself in general.
    Today begins the new year of ME.
    I hope in 12 months time I'm back into the 90's or even the 80's.
    Bring on the next 12 months!
  • CyanideCyster
    Options
    Woo hoo! Good for you!

This time last year I was in an abusive relationship hoping for a nice crimbo. It was alright, but this year will be better! I was about 2 stone heavier and had never lifted a weight in my life. I started in January this year and truly believe that lifting gave me the confidence to kick that abusive idiot out the door! I felt so strong and empowered and that I deserved more! I now have an absolutely amazing boyfriend who I have known nearly 5 years which is nice to begin as friends.

Roll on 2013, I am so ready for it!
  • smithntuck
    smithntuck Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I was in a high stress job and also 135 lbs heavier than I am today! Now I work for myself with a friend of mine making more money and so much less stress! By June of 2013 I plan on being at my goal weight and able to fearlessly wear that bikini if I so choose, lol!
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    You ladies are all awesome, nice stories...thanks for the replies : )
  • GatorGirl0890
    GatorGirl0890 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think I was in pretty much the same place, although there has been some progress:

A year ago:
    1. I'd just gotten into graduate school, now I'm halfway done!
    2. I was wondering if my long term relationship was ever going to the next level--now it is!
    3. I was thinking I'd never break out of the salary bracket I'd been in for four years--now I have!
    3. I was trying to get published....and still am. At least I haven't given up?
    4. I was trying to lose 15 pounds...and still am. At least I haven't gained weight?
  • GatorGirl0890
    GatorGirl0890 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Accidentally posted twice...
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    A year ago I was 40 lbs heavier and didn't like myself nearly as much.

2012 has been a year of ups and downs and many many challenges from the death of my last grandparent to the beginning of (seemingly) never ending renovations, but I have grown in ways that I never imagined I would. I have been single for many years, but was never content in that until recently and love how I feel in my contentness (I know that's not a word, but I'm using it anyway).

I am 3 weeks away from my 1 year weight loss journey and am excited to see what the next year will look like :)