Hulkling's Mother's Weight loss tips & tricks

Options
hulkling
hulkling Posts: 35 Member
Some "wisdom" my mum seems to think is gospel...

1. Walking whilst eating negates calories.

2. Food taken from other peoples plates contain no calories.

2. If it is eaten whilst cooking, the calories do not count.

4. If you leave a forkful of food on a plate, then you have consumed only half the calories originally on that plate.

5. Free food is free from calories.

6. Being drunk and wobbling all over the place burns off calories and therefore negates any that were in the alcohol.

7. Nutella is basically bean, dairy and nut paste, therefore a health food.

8. ALL clothes shrink over time.

9. You need to pile on the weight over winter or your blood will freeze.

10. Fries are unhealthy so never order them. However, your husband or son is bound to get some so you are technically helping them lose weight by eating half of theirs.

*all in good humour of course, my mum doesn't REALLY believe all of this. Mostly.

Replies

• jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    my mum used to think that any Veg cooked in butter was healthy, cause you know...its veg. like with her mash, where it was butter and cream. It was still healthy - cause it's potato.
  • hulkling
    Options
    I may have liked my mums veg more if she had done that. My mum used to boil veg until it was a mush to kill germs, but it was vile. It wasn't really until I started cooking for myself that i realised how tasty vegetables could be!
  • hulkling
    Options
    Mind you, I still generally prefer raw veg.
  • hulkling
    Options
    bump
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    If it's healthy it has no calories.
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The sad thing is that I used to live by those rules and I still fight that little enabling voice every time I am tempted. Its funny when its all typed in like that and I got a chuckle out of them, but at the same time its still sad :(