ice cream sandwiches

Options
A long time ago I remember making my own ice cream sandwiches for a nice low cal snack! Take2 chocolate graham crackers- spoon a few scoops of Lite Cool Whip in between (dont remember...does it come in just lite or fat free? anyway- pick whatever you want! lol) ....wrap it up in aluminum foil, and FREEZE!!! Make a whole bunch at a time so they are ready when you are....and they seriously taste like a real ice cream sandwhich!!! Just without all the guilt!!! :) Enjoy~

Replies

• GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Thanks going to try this.... i like to have something sweet once a day, so this would be great!!!!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    My kids and i make these all the time.. they are wonderful treats without feeling bad for eating them... We have made them with a little peanutbutter on a chocolate cracker and whip yummmy so so good!!!
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    This sounds great as I love ice cream sandwiches, Yum. Do you happen to know the calorie count for them?
  • angelmom1223
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your recipe. I'm going to try it.
  • abursey1
    abursey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    Bump!!
    I'm going to try this when my husband comes for leave from his military training this week end!! Yummy!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I looked at this as I was wondering what an ice cream sandwich was! lol in the UK a sandwich is something with bread and not ice cream :-)

I am sad that we don't have the ingredients here to make that, sounds nice
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a fun and different recipe. I'll have to try it!
  • dzdame
    dzdame Posts: 89
    Options
    These are one of my fave "desserts". So good and my family likes them too! They are good with regular honey graham crackers, too!
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I looked at this as I was wondering what an ice cream sandwich was! lol in the UK a sandwich is something with bread and not ice cream :-)

He he I am in the same boat here in Ireland just across the pond from ya :wink:

Closest we have to that is an Iceberger icecream but I'll bet the cals are much higher :grumble: :grumble:

"It`s an Ice cream, it`s a sandwich, it`s an ice cream sandwich and it`s Ireland`s No. 1 favourite Ice cream! Delicious vanilla ice cream between chocolate cookie dough biscuits, Ice Berger is a melt in the mouth winner". @ 180 cals

I'm wondering still what "cool whip" is as I've never seen it before :wink:
  • sonnacchio
    sonnacchio Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Closest we have to that is an Iceberger icecream but I'll bet the cals are much higher :grumble: :grumble:

"It`s an Ice cream, it`s a sandwich, it`s an ice cream sandwich and it`s Ireland`s No. 1 favourite Ice cream! Delicious vanilla ice cream between chocolate cookie dough biscuits, Ice Berger is a melt in the mouth winner". @ 180 cals

"Cool Whip" is imitation whipped cream. You can buy it fat free, sugar free, lite, chocolate, or whole hoggie fat and it is wonderfully delicious any time. I love it on fresh berries!
  • krissybohaczyk
    krissybohaczyk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yummmmmmm
  • Jamie_Moy
    Jamie_Moy Posts: 40
    Options
    It's also good with sliced strawberries, or a tablespoon of peanut butter in them. These recipes (minus the strawberry one) are in The Biggest Loser Cookbooks! Great books that shows you the nutritional values.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    sounds good, sad we are missing out :-(
  • sydney91
    sydney91 Posts: 29
    Options
    I make something similar to this with the reduced fat honey graham crackers and fat free cool whip. I chop up a little bit of chocolate chips to add to the cool whip- kinda tastes like a frozen smore! Really yummy and 96 calories with only 2 grams of fat!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    going have to try that!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

And to me in America, a biscuit is something you eat smothered in pork sausage "country" gravy for breakfast LOL
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I'd use the Keebler 100 Calorie mint grasshopper cookies, (Or any of your favorite 100 calorie cookie packs), and the whipped cream! That way you have bite sized ice cream sandwiches....Although I am a sucker for chocolate gram crackers. :)
  • sarahdarlin
    Options
    I did this all the time when I did Weight Watchers. They are really delicious and do taste like ice cream sandwiches. Now, if I could only find some room in that stupid freezer! LOL