C25K (Couch to 5K) Starting December 3

Options
Hi al! I'm starting a program similar to C25K tomorrow and looking for some people to join a group to post workouts. Anyone interested?

Replies

• thebuz
    thebuz Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on week 6 but I'm sure there's more people starting or about to start!
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just started this morning, as I signed up for my first race last night (It's not until May, but I have a LOOOONG way to go!).
  • Maybecrzy
    Maybecrzy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I completed the first two workouts last week and I guess my knees were not happy with the extra 40 pounds and staged a revolt. I am going to start week one again on Wednesday and would love to have people to celebrate/commiserate with!
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm glad you posted. I just finished W1D1 and didn't do too bad. Of course it was wonderful weather. I actually did this program about a year ago, but fell off the wagon. :sad:

I've signed up for a race the first weekend in March, so I'm committed.

My name is Laurie and I'm in Memphis.

Please feel free to post what you've done, how you're feeling, and anything else. Last time I did this I got through with some MFP friends doing the same thing, not all the same weeks.
  • lilmzritz
    Options
    I'm on week 6 and I love C25K! Before C25K, a 30-second run would get me panting, felt like throwing up and catching my breath. But now, I can run for 30 minutes straight and nothing hurts! Stay on it and have fun -- you got this! :wink:

My first 5K is the Color Run on January, then a Dirty Girl Mud Run on February and a Spartan Race Sprint in August.
  • thebuz
    Options
    I completed the first two workouts last week and I guess my knees were not happy with the extra 40 pounds and staged a revolt. I am going to start week one again on Wednesday and would love to have people to celebrate/commiserate with!

I highly recommend you purchase knee braces from a local drug store. It helped me immensely!!
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear that if I keep this up, in six weeks, I'll be able to run longer than I can now (I have a Couch to 10K app on my phone that I'm using, and running for a minute is hard!). I'm excited to become a runner. :-)
  • Tcoulter26316
    Tcoulter26316 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to do this program for a year, but everytime I start I never make it passed week one, lol! I would be game to join a group! Might make the difference Ive been needing!
  • ljc1057
    Options
    Did W1D2 today! Wasn't too bad, after I finished. :)
  • thebuz
    Options
    Did W1D2 today! Wasn't too bad, after I finished. :)

Nice work!
  • folkshot
    Options
    I started the C25K on 12/3 as well:) I didn't find the first week to be too bad, thank goodness. Here's to hoping I find the motivation to stick with the entire program!
  • ljc1057
    Options
    Just started week 2. Yea!!
  • writinwater
    Options
    Restarting the treadmill version after being away for a few months! Got to week 5 last time (20 mins straight!) which is CRAZY for me. It's such an awesome program!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I just started C25K last week. Skipped weeks 1-2 and went straight to week 3 since I just found out about a race in 7 weeks that I really want to attend. I completed my 3rd run of the week on Saturday and it felt great. Even pushed the last 3-min run to 5-min. I need to learn how to pace myself - my 1K intervals were averaging slightly over 4 minutes. I don't think I can sustain that when we get to the longer runs.
  • ljc1057
    Options
    Week 2 Day 2 - 5 days done!
  • thebuz
    Options
    Restarting the treadmill version after being away for a few months! Got to week 5 last time (20 mins straight!) which is CRAZY for me. It's such an awesome program!

That's awesome. I felt on top of the world after my 20 minute run.