Looking for a few weight-loss buddies

Options
I'm Jen and I'm going to be 26 this month on the 20th. I am currently 299lbs and I am NOT proud of this. I do have chronic depression and I also have bi-polar. This does not mean I need pity or to be looked down upon like I have huge issues. I take my meds and I have 2 boys and a wonderful boyfriend. I am in college for criminal justice and this Aug I'll be graduating with a associates degree and I am a CNA as well. I don't work I stay home and take care of my kids right now. I'm looking to lose over 100+ pounds and I want to make a few friends who can help me with my journey and I can do the same in return.

Replies

• sandrabevins
    Options
    Hi Congratulations on making the very first big step to the new you xxx
  • LovelyDayDay
    LovelyDayDay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hi. congrats on starting your journey.
    feel free to add people from my friends list. they are excellent in supporting people on this difficult journey. if you also have questions feel free to ask at any time=)
  • wbrink1
    wbrink1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen, good luck on your journey- I'm starting today as well. Good luck to us both!!
  • leelaa
    leelaa Posts: 33
    Options
    feel free to add me if you want
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jen,
    My name is Kimberlee, 49. I weighed 304 when I started trying to lose and am down to 200 right now. I suffer from major depression and ptsd and am in counseling and take my meds and am currently stable. I was a CNA before becoming a nurse. I don't work due to becoming physically disabled from all my overweight health issues. I am trying to get as healthy as I can, but know that I will never be able to return to my love of nursing. We can do this. Please feel free to add me.
  • wesmith2
    wesmith2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would be more than happy to help motivate you! I understand depression. It is a struggle for me as well. Feel free to add me!

Whitney
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi Jen, I'm Helen. 29 with 2 kiddies. I have recently restarted this journey since having my baby girl 8 weeks ago. Feel free to add me for motivation as I understand with your weight loss journey and depression. I have also been diagnosed with OCD and Anxiety for which I take meds a see a psychologist regularly :D Good luck- u can do it!!