Heart Rate Monitors

Options
There are probably several threads on MFP regarding heart rate monitors, but I am thinking of purchasing one and I am wondering if there are different types of monitors and about how much money one would cost. Anyone?

Replies

• juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have a polar FT7 it was just over 100. I use it every day. Every workout, i really like it!
  • cherriblizz
    cherriblizz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT4 which cost me around $60, it's pretty basic, just gives you your target heart rate zone, calories burned and length of workout, tells you your maximum heart rate and also your average heart rate for that workout and keeps 10 files on the watch. Other higher models can keep up to 100+ files but I didn't need any use for that. I highly recommend one, I use it every time I workout!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I just bought my polar ft7 for 80.00 with free shipping.. Do a google search and you will find the best deals..just make sure to get one with a chest strap.
  • SwoleSista
    Options
    I have been using a BodyBugg for over a year now, and I love it. Apex Fitness is having a holiday sale on them, and they're only $74.98 and include a 6-month subscription. The BB system does require that you pay a $9.99 monthly subscription for program access. I did lots of research and comparisons before buying, and I thought the BB was more accurate than anything else on the market. Plus, I saw how the contestants on The Biggest Loser benefitted from using their BB's. It's been over a year, and there may be something bigger and better out there. I'd advise you to read the customer reviews on any item you consider. I saw lots of negative feedback on FitBit and Nike Fuel Band. You also want to decide if you want something that it compatible with MFP since you're on here.

My one and only complaint about the BodyBugg system is the food database. I found myself having to frequently add foods that weren't in their database. And right now, you can't add foods from the mobile app but I've heard an update to fix that is coming soon. The MFP food logging is much better than BB's, which is annoying since I pay $9.99 a month for the BB program. But the whole interface of the BB program is detailed and makes the science of losing weight much much simpler. For me, it's worth every penny of my monthly subscription just to have access to everything else that BodyBugg offers.
  • Caralynl
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I have been using a BodyBugg for over a year now, and I love it. Apex Fitness is having a holiday sale on them, and they're only $74.98 and include a 6-month subscription. The BB system does require that you pay a $9.99 monthly subscription for program access. I did lots of research and comparisons before buying, and I thought the BB was more accurate than anything else on the market. Plus, I saw how the contestants on The Biggest Loser benefitted from using their BB's. It's been over a year, and there may be something bigger and better out there. I'd advise you to read the customer reviews on any item you consider. I saw lots of negative feedback on FitBit and Nike Fuel Band. You also want to decide if you want something that it compatible with MFP since you're on here.

My one and only complaint about the BodyBugg system is the food database. I found myself having to frequently add foods that weren't in their database. And right now, you can't add foods from the mobile app but I've heard an update to fix that is coming soon. The MFP food logging is much better than BB's, which is annoying since I pay $9.99 a month for the BB program. But the whole interface of the BB program is detailed and makes the science of losing weight much much simpler. For me, it's worth every penny of my monthly subscription just to have access to everything else that BodyBugg offers.

The bodymedia fit is similar and does link into MFP. Do a search- there are loads of posts about it.