looking for

Options
Someone to give me good low cholesterol foods, any one out there that can give me a few? would truly love some thanks

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Cholesterol in food is irrelevant, it does not get absorbed intact and behave as cholesterol in the body.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Cholesterol in food is irrelevant, it does not get absorbed intact and behave as cholesterol in the body.

tell that to the people who have to take lipitor and other cholesterol controlling meds...
  • saralee0319
    saralee0319 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cholesterol is only found in animal products. Plant based foods are cholesterol free - fruits and vegetables, vegetable oils (canola, olive, etc.), soy based foods (tofu, soy milk, soy beans), nuts. Whole grains can help to lower your cholesterol, choose foods high in fiber such as oatmeal, whole wheat bread, fruits and vegetables. Hope this helps.
  • FORAPURPOSE
    FORAPURPOSE Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU SOO MUCH, I AM JUST LEARNING TO GET TO ALL THE PAGES... SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING THIS INSTEAD OF EATING OVER THE HOLIDAYS
  • HeatherStorey
    HeatherStorey Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have done a lot of research on cholesterol. My cholesterol has been high for 8 years and I refuse to take meds for it. You can reduce it by diet and exercise. Cholesterol is found in animal based foods including dairy and eggs. To reduce cholesterol you will need to exercise and eat more of a plant based, high fiber diet. One of my goals for 2013 is to get my cholesterol into the healthy range.
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Look for ways to reduce your stress level as well. I was able to lower my cholesterol significantly without changing diet or exercising very much.