Those little things that make you smile. :-)

Options
Okay this is kind of stupid but.... I'm 72 pounds down into a 125 pound loss goal and just started to notice little things that make me smile to keep me going.. Here are mine.. :-)

1) My new belts don't reach the floor when hanging on the hooks in the closet! Noticed that yesterday and started laughing.
2) I can clip my toe nails and not be out of breath when I'm done!
3) I no longer have to remember to pack my seat belt extender when preparing to take a flight.
4) My trips to the store are faster since I don't search all over for a spot close to the door. I now park all the way out and WALK.
5) I play more golf since I don't avoid days when it's cart path only. Some day I'll ditch the cart and walk. Not yet.
6) I don't skip events when I don't get an aisle. This was sad to think I did that.
7) No longer ruin shirts at the bottom on the front because the car steering wheel doesn't rub any longer..
8) I can buy regular length ties because my neck is smaller and the tie doesn't have to travel as far to get to my belt..

You get the idea. What moments have made you smile..?

Replies

• strutdivastrut
    strutdivastrut Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Nice..mine consist of going one belt size . and my skinny jeans fall down my legs if I dont wear a belt. That's all so far. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • strutdivastrut
    strutdivastrut Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Nice..mine consist of going one belt size.smaller from X-large to large. and my skinny jeans fall down my legs if I dont wear a belt. That's all so far. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    1. Fitting into booths more comfortably
    2. Actually keeping up at Zumba
    3. Feeling full after a smaller amount of food
    4. Going down a smaller size in my underwear:blushing:
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Some of these made me giggle. Good Job!
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Let's see -
    I am just fascinated with my hands - there are these knobs on top of my hands - never knew they exsisted before.
    I am also fascinated with my face. Who is that woman looking at me in the mirror?
    Bones - I actually have them. I can feel them - and there is no padding preventing me from feeling them.
    Being able to cross my legs - and I can't seem to stop now.

All of these make me smile and make me sad - that I let myself get that bad before I started taking care of myself.
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I can go shopping again and leave with clothes from the stores instead of just shoes or purses.
    I have a very extensive shoe and purse collection because for so long I either never found something that fit or that I liked or wanted to wear if it did fit. And usually ended up with a new purse or shoes because weight is not a concern with those wardrobe things.

I have had to raise the seat in my car up because I don't have as much butt to make me sit up higher anymore.

I feel pretty again.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I smile when I read success stories like this. Great progress..keep smiling!
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    the first thing:

I can now buy shoes that tie, and I CAN TIE THEM NOW...for years I had to buy shoes with velcro, LOL

comments from my MFP friends...this ALWAYS makes me smile

showing off my huge waist band in my pants when someone mentions I look like I've lost weight...this gets them everytime

however, I am now faced with going shopping...don't know my current size, LOL it will be a wake-up for me, and I'm sure another SMILE
  • batrastard
    batrastard Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I fit in a coat that I bought 3 yrs. ago. When I buy a 2 xl shirt it's actually to big. The uniform shirts that I upgraded to a 5 xl actually go down to my knees (time to reorder). I have run a mile in a time I never thought that I could achieve.
  • Christinesyear
    Christinesyear Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow! I love this! You have such a fresh and fun way to look at it all. Congratulations!
  • craigja
    Options
    I love the clothes story. I can now go to an actual shopping mall and buy clothes not a store in a strip mall with the letters XL in the name.

Also, my self winding watch doesn't stop anymore due to lack of movement. In fact, I had to take a link out of the watch band.
  • xXBelieve_In_YourselfXx
    Options
    Amazing job! I read this and could't stop smiling!!! :flowerforyou:
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    what an awesome list, I smiled the whole time! Congrats! I hope to have a list of my own soon :D
  • randilious
    Options
    none of those sound stupid!!!
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Those made me smile...it's the little things that keep us going. Great job!
  • npetercmway
    Options
    I don't mind having my picture taken. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!