Question about stretch marks...

Options
Alright, so I'm 5'4", 143 lbs, female, and I have a bit of a problem with stretch marks.
I have them pretty much everywhere on the right side of my body--boobs, hips, butt, and the inside and backs of my thighs(Stupid hereditary stuff, I guess.) But on the left side of my body, it's much less severe in all of those places. Either way, it's pretty ugly... I know there's no way to get rid of them, but will they at least reduce a bit once I lose some weight? And are there any easy ways you guys know of to reduce their appearance a bit?

And.. I don't know if I'm posting in the right board, so forgive me if I'm not.

Replies

• jodfie
    jodfie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    stretch marks to my knowledge is tears in your skin...so im not sure if when you8 lose weight they will lesson or not...they make creams to help lessan the appearance...(i believe vitamin D is the vitamin that helps)
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have posted what has been working for me here, I hope it helps you too :). http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/801386-stretch-marks-actually-getting-better
  • Kaathmandu
    Options
    Stretch marks won't go away, but they fade and lessen over time, especially if you loose weight and take the pressure off them!
    Aloe Vera is good.
    :)
  • catieishealthy23
    catieishealthy23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Losing weight will help but even just applying Bio Oil or vitamin E oil now will help. I used to apply those on a regular basis when i first had my son., he is now 4 and my stretch marks have faded a lot and aren't as noticeable. I would really give Bio Oil a shot, its pricey but worth it if you are committed to reducing the appearance of your stretch marks. And by the way mine were bad like a tiger clawed me on my hips and the front of my stomach, even my belly button is messed up ( damn belly ring)
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    They won't go away but they will fade a big! I am 24 5'3 and 131 lbs mother of 2 and I have stretch marks on my belly. You can call me crazy but I don't mind them at all.
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    bio oil and being in the sun (a little -dont go crazy though, ya dont want cancer! )

...but not together you'd crisp up like a piece of bacon!
  • calistarr
    Options
    Ah, thank you guys! :) I was hoping there was something I could do, and you guys helped me a lot.~
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This is what I'm planning on doing once I get to my goal. The cost isn't cheap, but there are before and after photos at the bottom of the page, and it seems to work quite well.

http://www.stretchmarks.org/laser-removal/
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Losing weight doesn't help in their appearance, in my experience.... Time makes them fade and possibly a little smoother... but its in all likelihood just something you will have to accept about yourself.