Let's talk Protein shakes..

Options
What's your favorite brand as far as taste?

I heard that soy based products are bad for us.what are your thought on that?

Do you have any good protein shake recipes?

Has anyone tried the Jay Robb shakes,are they worth the high price?

I'm looking for a lower Carb protein shake the does not taste like Chalk and artificial flavors,one that tastes good by itself and better if you choose to add veggies/fruit.

I liked the Pure Protein brand but it gave me migraines ;( I also liked the OLD Atkins shakes but the new formula is Artificial tasting.

Replies

• mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    GNC brand is pretty darn tasty and affordable. Optimum Nutrition gold is the best tasting, IMO and high quality. A little more expensive than the GNC house brand, but worth it. I can mix it with water and like it, or almond milk or whole milk for more a meal-type drink.
  • toxis
    toxis Posts: 2
    Options
    I've tried the Walmart brands but recently found NNW brand protein powder and its low cal and tastes great! I get it in my local grocery store. They have a cinnamon bun that is now my breakfast and is amazing. Helps curb my sweet tooth as this satisfies it. The stuff also blends with fruit very well if needed.
  • dartref
    Options
    I've found the Isagenix shakes have the best protein sources and processing, and taste great too.
  • TapoutDaddy
    Options
    I make a homemade protein shake every morning. I put the ingredients into this program and was surprised by how much protein is actually in it. I use 2 handfulls of uncooked spinach, 1/2 cup lowfat yogurt, 1 tsp cinamon, 1 tsp sweetener, four raw egg whites, one frozen banana and a splash of apple juice. I blend it for about 45 seconds and it makes enough to fill 2 glasses. I like it a lot but my wife turns her nose up at it. I think she doesn't like the idea of using raw egg whites. I have been using them for a while now and have had no problems with them.
    After I work-out, this is what I look forward to.
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!! I'm going to research these and check the ingredients..I get migraines from MSG and certain dyes.Thanks again!