Water?

Options
I know that I am supposed to drink about 8 glasses of water a day. I only drink about 3. I know that I need to be drinking a lot more. I am almost always under my calorie goal and I workout regularly but my weight loss has slowed down quite a bit. Could drinking more water really help this?

Replies

• GreenieBean
    Options
    I was in the same boat as you. I found myself only drinking a few glasses a day. I bought myself a big 32oz water bottle and fill it up twice a day to equal 8 cups! When I did this I dropped 6 pounds in one week.

I have been told that when you don't drink enough water, the water you do drink remains in your body making you heavier. When you give your body enough water it doesn't have a reason to retain the water if that makes sense.

So drink up!:drinker:
  • JessicaPahl
    Options
    ABSOUTELY drink your water!! I was silly for a while and thought...well if i drink this water wont i weigh more... i decided to start drinking my water and the weight started to come off sooo much better!! i dont really like water too much so i drink great value brand grape generic crystal light.. its really yumo!:smile:
  • angelface12004
    Options
    yes without water you will not lose as much, try to get a fancy water bottle. I love mine, it cost a lot but it's almost fun to drink out of. Try also some crystal light or some flavoured drink mix, it may help you drink more.
  • saram21
    saram21 Posts: 88
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I guess I will start drinking more water. I have nothing to lose! (Other than weight, I mean.)
  • tessahjake
    Options
    I always lose every week when I drink the 8 glasses a day. I got a 32 oz bottle with a straw nozzle thing and I sip all day - it takes me no time to drink 2 - which equals the 8 servings.
  • boosistas
    Options
    You must drink your water. Here's a suggestion that might help you -- put frozen or fresh fruit in it. That's how I got started drinking water. Now, I don't even need it. Good luck!
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    What a great topic! I'm horrible when it comes to water. I'm lucky if I drink 3oz. a day and that's only to take my allergy pill. I hate water, but, I never new that it can help me lose more weight faster!!! I love the idea of frozen fruit. I just hate anything that tastes like nutra sweet. I don't care for lemon in my water. If anyone has any other great idea's for water......PLEASE let me know! :drinker:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    One should be drinking AT LEAST half their weight in ounces daily. It helps flush out all the nasty critters in one's body. If your pee ain't clear, your not drinking enough, m'dear!
  • Missnoel
    Missnoel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Water really helps your body function the way it was designed! It will also make you feel fuller so you won't eat as much, as well as flushing toxins out of your body!

I am not always as successful as I should be at consuming enough. But a trick that helps me, is when I fill my water bottle with ice and water and then add a just a dash of vanilla extract. (no calories or chemicals... but I think it is a nice touch!) I have also used peppermint extract or a touch of lemon juice.
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Water really helps your body function the way it was designed! It will also make you feel fuller so you won't eat as much, as well as flushing toxins out of your body!

I am not always as successful as I should be at consuming enough. But a trick that helps me, is when I fill my water bottle with ice and water and then add a just a dash of vanilla extract. (no calories or chemicals... but I think it is a nice touch!) I have also used peppermint extract or a touch of lemon juice.

Definately am going to try the vanilla and the peppermint! Thanks:smile:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I always swell when I don't drink enough and usually actually gain weight. Water gets rid of the extra sodium.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    If you think of food as fuel for your engine, then think of water as the oil and lubricant. If you don't drink water your engine won't run efficiently or smoothly. Try to drink a glass of water first thing in the morning to get your metabolism running.
  • saram21
    saram21 Posts: 88
    Options
    Wow! This is all great advice! Thanks everyone!