Low Calorie Treats/Desserts?

Options
MysticRealm
MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
So with the holidays coming up there are going to be lots of goodies going around. Luckily I don't live with my parents anymore so that makes things a lot easier as I just won't be around them nearly as much. However there are gonna be days where I am around it so I thought a good plan of action would be for me to bring low calories goodies with me so I am only have a few high calorie goodies and yet still be able to snack and such on low calorie stuff as they eat even more high calorie stuff.

I already have a 40 calorie cupcake recipe (recipe says it's 60-70 calories, but when I scanned and inputted everything into the recipe section on MFP it came up as 38 calories). My scones are 113 calories, but I would love more recipes!

Replies

• gonzalezcook
    gonzalezcook Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Could you post your 40 calorie cupcake recipe? Want to make some tomorrow. Thanks.
  • bigjretrac
    bigjretrac Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yes, please post the recipe! :-)
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Lowfat frozen yogurt on no fat ice cream are my go to treats.
  • MysticRealm
    Options
    THanks for the replies. THe cupcake recipe is
    http://simplyredd.hubpages.com/hub/Low-Calorie-Cupcake-Recipe
    Though I added a touch of splenda to both the cupcake mix and the icing.

This is another delicious cupcake recipe
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/2298

For the low fat frozen yogurt, what is your favorite brand/flavour and what do the calories look like?
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE frozen Cool Whip Free with fresh diced peaches mixed in. Too bad peaches aren't in season right now, but really any type of fruit you like would work, and it tastes just like fruit ice cream!
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If you google Chocolate covered Katie, there are a lot of good healthy dessert options that have gotten rave reviews!!! I plan on trying some when I get a food processor!!!
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Crème Brûlée Rice Pudding -- 70 Cal
    Red Velvet Chocolate Cake Tea -- 0 Cal
    Dark Choclate Lindt Excellence -- 40 cal/sq
  • MysticRealm
    Options
    Thanks guys, btw I just went back and double checked my recipe for the 40 calorie cupcakes and for some reason when I went to put the cream cheese into the recipe and tried to put it for one container it changed it to one tablespoon instead. So they came out to 65 calories instead of 40. Still really good calorie wise for a yummy cupcake but a bit higher than I originally thought.
  • xoSugarPlumxo
    xoSugarPlumxo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been enjoying 2 tbs of frozen lite cool whip with 1 tbs of peanut butter...just mix it together and eat lol sounds a little odd by itself and I know cool whip isn't the greatest but its a yummy low cal treat...Ive even put it on a rice cake, plain and caramel yuuuum
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Homemade popcorn. Take a pot with a top, add enough oil to just cover the bottom, add enough kernels to just cover the bottom, heat covered over medium heat until there is 1-2 seconds between each pop. Sprinkle with whatever the heck you want (salt, old bay spice, unsweetened cocoa powder, etc.)
  • welfeln
    welfeln Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fox2star
    fox2star Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi...

where do I find this recipe?...>>>> Crème Brûlée Rice Pudding -- 70 Cal
  • sabbyebert
    Options
    Hi,

I too...am trying all sorts of desert recipes. The sugar cravings are crazy especially given that I past four bakeries on my way to work and the waft of freshly baked muffins and breads is taking everything thing I have to resist the temptation to get in a buy stuff.

Like you, I have opted making my own creations in the kitchen but finding low calorie stuff that tastes good is hard. I have attempted many online recipes and the low calorie muffins look awesome but the reviews are terrible. Did yours come out okay. The way I see it...I rather invest my efforts into whipping up between 150-200 calorie deserts and enjoying them rather than making something tasteless.

Would love to know if anyone else has tried these cupcakes...and how did they come out?
  • animal_amy
    Options
    I love popcorn as a low fat recipe!
    I use coconut oil instead of regular oil. Delicioussssssssss
    You should google the health benefits of coconut oil if you're interested because it is AMAZING stuff and so good for you! <3:)
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    100 Calorie packs of cocoa roasted almonds

Yogurt (desert-y flavored ones)

Frozen Greek Yogurt

Air popped popcorn

Strawberries and Fat Free Cool Whip

Two-Ingredient Banana cookies
  • lilteepot
    Options
    I love to pour a little almond or coconut milk over frozen berries or peaches and sprinkle a little sugar (or splenda) on top. Easily under 100 cals.
  • MGSR
    MGSR Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    In the UK we have Cadburys Options hot chocolate, loads of flavours and I haven't found one I don't like!

The normal ones are 40cals a cup, indulgence ones are 60, I'm a chocoholic, trying to not eat as much! I'm managing to survive without chocolate by having one of these each evening :)
  • GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi, Skinnytaste.com has great healthy recipes. Any we have made are "make again" recipes. Plus, if you can't find what you are looking for, there is a "search" box upper left area of the website.
  • TheLittleLebowski
    Options
    Fat free greek yoghurt, mix in a few spoons of splenda.