Need support!

Options
Hello everyone. This is a new to me - not the dieting, or any of the ideas behind it. For me what's new is the fact that I'm trying to get involved with a community. I've tried so many times to lose weight, but it's been a struggle. I know it all comes down to me and my actions in the end, but I don't have much support. Any friends I do have are either thin naturally, or follow unhealthy diets. I need a support system that encourages me, and will actually say NO don't eat that! I guess what I'm saying is, I need accountability! Can anyone help me on this journey? I will try to be helpful and supportive to you too! I'm tired of being overweight, feeling lethargic, and being unhealthy. (Whine whine whine, lol)

Replies

• fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You can send me a friend request, and I'll do what I can
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right community :smile: Add me and we can both help each other :flowerforyou:
  • abeach1
    abeach1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place! This is a fantastic group of very supportive people! We are in this together. Welcome!!!!
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Add me, we all need support!
  • Dancermommd
    Dancermommd Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do understand. I have just used this to track my stuff but only occassionally read the blogs and things. Friend me if you like, I really don't know how that all works. I am so bad! :laugh:
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I'll help in any way I can - send a freind request. I too have struggled with losing weight until I joined MFP (over a year ago). It has been instrumental in helping me lose almost 30 pounds (there have been times I've fallen off course but I am still here).
  • GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've lost 130 pounds in the pat year. Add me and I will be happy to help. I'm not quite half way to my goal and MFP has changed my life in so many ways!
  • Frankii_x
    Options
    Hi there :) feel free to add me, always willing to help out xxx
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I'm in a helping mood! Today at least haha :drinker:
  • chica6578
    chica6578 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    hahaha (whine whine whine) i totally understand. You sound just like i do. you have to really really put yourself into this if you want to make an impact on yourself. ( i've barely understoof this) i think that feeling is a different feeling and a different feeling of resolve for everyone. Its everyone's goal to lose weight (keep it off) and be healthy. I used to only log when i was "trying to lose weight" so that basically meant i never logged my wingstop or meals at Chili;s hahaha. but ive finally understood the importance of logging EVERY bit that enters your mouth (ok probably not EVERY bite, but if it can coundt as a snack then yes it gets logged)
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    hahaha (whine whine whine) i totally understand. You sound just like i do. you have to really really put yourself into this if you want to make an impact on yourself. ( i've barely understoof this) i think that feeling is a different feeling and a different feeling of resolve for everyone. Its everyone's goal to lose weight (keep it off) and be healthy. I used to only log when i was "trying to lose weight" so that basically meant i never logged my wingstop or meals at Chili;s hahaha. but ive finally understood the importance of logging EVERY bit that enters your mouth (ok probably not EVERY bite, but if it can coundt as a snack then yes it gets logged)

I'm noticing that too. Also, I really didn't realize how many calories I was consuming. You think a bowl of cereal is just fine, then realize you just had 2 or 3 portions of cereal! Amazing how a "light food" like that is so many calories.
  • WelshWench0211
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We all need support sometimes!
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    I guess I'm a bit ignorant - what's HCG?
  • jono2970
    Options
    We all need support, sometimes someone to nag you and tell you what you don't want to hear so that you will do it. I think you are in the right place and you really can achieve all you want if you want to. Add me if you would like!
  • hcano1249
    hcano1249 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'll do what I can and could use the support as well :smile:
  • muchmoretolove
    muchmoretolove Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    anybody can feel free to add me, i am ready to be your cheerleader whoop!
  • ahaley48
    ahaley48 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just joined the MFP world also..and was fed up..and ready to make moves. I realized the major missing link has been accountability for me as well. let's be friend s :o)
  • Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I can always use the support. I have had a hard time lately. Was doing good but once I gave way a little, it has been hard to get back into the groove of things. Welcome, this is a wonderful community! :happy:
  • andreadleb
    andreadleb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sure you Icahn send me a friend request too I'm Andrea from Connecticut and I've been struggling too this holiday season since I got off my weight loss challenge 3 weeks ago I went from 175 pounds to 179 agh help me too ,, I know what I got to do to be thi. And pretty I hope u do remember nothing. Tastes as good as thin feels don't forget to write down everything u eat u might want to invest some money in a food scale and measuring cups spoons too
  • becky2time
    Options
    add me! I need support too!