Slim in 6 program? Anyone?

Options
I have the Slim in 6 DVD by Debbie Siebers. I am doing the videos but I don't know how to track it?
Just wondering if anyone else does this workout? If so, what do you think of it and how do you log it?
Thanks,
Heather

Replies

• slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't do the program regularly, but when I do, I use my HRM to get a calorie count and then log it as cardio. If you don't have an HRM you can still log it as cardio by just logging your time and going with the MFP calorie burn. I usually knock a little off that because for me MFP usually overestimates. Good luck!

Oh, and regarding what I think about the program, it's not bad. When I first started using it back when I was really out of shape it kicked my butt. I could barely make it through Start it Up. As I've lost weight and become more fit the program now seems too easy. I sometimes do one Start it Up and follow it with one Ramp it Up, but that's mainly because I just use the program when I can't get out and exercise any other way. Still, I think it's a great place to start and a great DVD to keep on hand for those times when you can't get to the gym or get outside.
  • libbyj0919
    libbyj0919 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of Slim in 6. So far I've really enjoyed it and my energy level has increased quite a bit. The way I have been logging it is for the start up video I went through and put the exercises in categories (ex. crunches, lunges , etc.) then I went through and figured out how many of each we did and how many repetitions then logged them separately. So, with the crunches we did 16 of each kind of crunch and we did 5 different crunches so on the log for crunches I put 16sets and 5 repeats. For the beginning warm up and the breaks between each set of exercises I estimated time and logged that in as aerobic exercise. If your doing the slim and limber/ slim and 6 pack I would just add those on to your start up video count. I also put stretches as a different log as well. I hope this makes sense and helps. If you have any questions just let me know. Good luck!
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of Slim in 6. So far I've really enjoyed it and my energy level has increased quite a bit. The way I have been logging it is for the start up video I went through and put the exercises in categories (ex. crunches, lunges , etc.) then I went through and figured out how many of each we did and how many repetitions then logged them separately. So, with the crunches we did 16 of each kind of crunch and we did 5 different crunches so on the log for crunches I put 16sets and 5 repeats. For the beginning warm up and the breaks between each set of exercises I estimated time and logged that in as aerobic exercise. If your doing the slim and limber/ slim and 6 pack I would just add those on to your start up video count. I also put stretches as a different log as well. I hope this makes sense and helps. If you have any questions just let me know. Good luck!

You are good! That's a much more accurate way to log it, but I'm lazy. Well done and good luck with the rest of the program!
  • 18HeatherF
    18HeatherF Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time with Start it up too when I first started! I can't remember how my weight was when I first started doing the Videos
    (I've had them for a couple years)
    But my first DVD (Start it Up and Ramp It Up) has a terrible skip on it, and I can't use it. So I recently started using the Burn it up DVD. Now that kicks my Butt!! Tt has 2 sections: the cardio portion and then a strength/resistance section which comes out to an hour workout...
    I put the first section in at general aerobics, but not sure how to log the resistance band/ crunch leg work section...