I lost 57lbs this year!

Options
This is my success story:
ScarlettDec2011-Dec2012.jpg

I am very happy with my results. Now I am working on toning and losing the last bit of fat. I am not sure where I'll stop but I'll know when I get there.

My workout: I do heavy weights until it really burns in the morning and night and intense aerobics for 2 hours 3 times a week.
I am also learning yoga and Pilates at home. However for most of my weightless journey - the first 6 months or so- I walked every day and went swimming once a week.

My diet/life change: I avoid all the whites (bread, pasta, rice...) and have at least one big salad every day. I also stopped eating all processed foods and sugar. (I read in a health journal that sugar speeds up the shorting of your telomere the DNA that controls the speed in which you age)

Height: 5.2- I am short
Current weight: 132 lbs
Starting weight: 189 lbs

A huge thank you to MFP and all my MFP pals!!
Scarlett

Ps. New friendships are always welcome.

Replies

• ScarlettDam
    ScarlettDam Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    this is my after image:

395111_10152296612125106_1841370747_n.jpg
  • Chinadorian
    Chinadorian Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Wow fantastic! You look great!
  • Bere4ever
    Options
    awesome!! congrats girl:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • vcarlin
    vcarlin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I stopped using myfitnesspal after losing 19lbs, but never reached my goal. Thanks for giving me the motivations to start using myfitnesspal once again.
  • emma2309
    emma2309 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This is exactly my aim....I just hope I can do as well as you have-amazing!
  • HollyMomma1
    HollyMomma1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! great job!
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    WOW ! The new you ROCKS that dress ! :love: :wink:
  • Candacesommer
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats!
  • ElleM0
    ElleM0 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You look AMAZING! I am loving the new dress!! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness for reasons to wear little black dresses! You look great, way to work it!
  • schmittie01
    schmittie01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    wow that is amazing!! i wish i could be 40lbs lighter!!
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Looking good!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats!!
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Congrats for all your hard work, you look fabulous, hope you find plenty reasons to wear that pretty dress - it looks wonderful on you :happy:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm the same height as you, and have a similar 'goal weight' - I can't wait to get to where you are! You look fantastic!
  • sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    This is my success story:
    ScarlettDec2011-Dec2012.jpg

I am very happy with my results. Now I am working on toning and losing the last bit of fat. I am not sure where I'll stop but I'll know when I get there.

My workout: I do heavy weights until it really burns in the morning and night and intense aerobics for 2 hours 3 times a week.
    I am also learning yoga and Pilates at home. However for most of my weightless journey - the first 6 months or so- I walked every day and went swimming once a week.

My diet/life change: I avoid all the whites (bread, pasta, rice...) and have at least one big salad every day. I also stopped eating all processed foods and sugar. (I read in a health journal that sugar speeds up the shorting of your telomere the DNA that controls the speed in which you age)

Height: 5.2- I am short
    Current weight: 132 lbs
    Starting weight: 189 lbs

A huge thank you to MFP and all my MFP pals!!
    Scarlett

Ps. New friendships are always welcome.

you go girl!! well done, you look amazing and must feel so proud of yourself!!! I love how uv said your stats and how uv done it too, very inspirational!! gonna add you now too :) so i can see how you progress :)
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Great job! I agree with you about the diet changes. I don't think I'll ever give up sugar, but I know that changing to clean eating has not only made me feel better and helped my weight loss pick up after a stall, but honestly the cleaner flours/sugars just taste better to me. I really admire your ability to make such huge changes!
  • bellanena
    Options
    OMG you're so tiny!! Great job!
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. Love that dress
  • mmahair
    Options
    Amazing, great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!