Daily sugar cravings - what do you snack?

Options
Piqueaboo
Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
In my office come mid-afternoon I always want something sweet - any tips of low-cal chocolate items that I wouldn't break my count with?

Thanks!

Replies

• wranglerwomen
    wranglerwomen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i like to do a "fiber one oats & chocolate bar" filling and doesn't have to many calories
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Don't let your blood sugar drop so that you get cravings, look at what you are eating for breakfast and lunch, how much and how long you are going between meals. Chocolate by its very nature is not low calorie, even cocoa powder is not but there was a thread on low calories chocolate flavoured items just the other day if you run a search.
  • Frances4646
    Options
    you could make some healthy chocolate muffins for ~200kcals (try skinnytaste.com or chocolate covered katie) She does lots of chocolate recipes that are really healthy. Mostly when you make some treat or something just add cocoa powder to make it chocolatey at few calories.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I like the Skinny Cow candy bars. Also, you could make your own baked oatmeal and add cocoa.
  • craigineson
    craigineson Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be low-cal?
    If anyone's struggling with chocolate cravings, I would always advise attempting to move to higher-cocoa chocolate (work up from 70% towards an ideal of 85%).

The reason? Over time you can get used to the bitter edge and it's full of fantastic antioxidants. God, I had a piece of milk-chocolate today and I nearly gagged at how sweet it was.
  • mrscompgeek
    Options
    What about just Dark chocolate? Its actually good for you!
  • justicekenny
    Options
    Snickers fun size .. 2 mini bars .. 160 cals .. do it ,, :)
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein shake
  • barneska
    Options
    Popsicle brand Revello - they're only 150 cals and there are light ones for 100 cals as well
  • Sophiaprnc7
    Sophiaprnc7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Powerade zero does it for me OR Walding Farms Choc Sauce :)
  • Sophiaprnc7
    Sophiaprnc7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh and Sugar free Jello with non-fat, low carb cool whip... So yummy!
  • almostgoodbye99
    almostgoodbye99 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This is not chocolate but I love to munch on Kellogg's Cracklin' Oat Bran. It's not too sweet but it's still pretty good. 3/4 cups is only 200 calories!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I usually keep a couple of dark Hershey kisses in my purse. If a craving hits I will have one. If it satisfies I am done (and they're only like 20 calories each). If I am still craving chocolate than I eat the other one. Then they're gone.
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love love love dark chocolate. I started eating it every day for the health benefits but I would eat just one (maybe 2) squares of the bar (one square of 85% cacao is about 60 calories) and put the rest back in my freezer.
    After about a week of doing this every day, whether or not I actually had a craving for it, I started completely losing any sweet cravings.
    Plus it was the best part of my day when I would log my food and realize I hadn't had my daily piece of chocolate yet. Like Christmas morning.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    If you want to venture away from chocolate, a spoonful of clover honey is 60 calories, very sweet, and will give you an instant boost.
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Fiber one 90 calorie chocolate brownies! Yummmm
  • Gurlyknockout
    Gurlyknockout Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Fiber one 90 calorie chocolate brownies! Yummmm

^^^ THIS^^^
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    a lot of people here will probably kick me, but I love chocolate Shakeology.

there I said it. I ADMIT IT. *hides*
  • zumbagada
    zumbagada Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you have access to hot water at work, I like to have a cup of chai tea with a little bit of half &half and a packet of truvia. If I don't positively need chocolate, that usually does the trick.
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I like Kellogg's Fiber Plus bars. 120 calories, 9 grams of fiber. Not exactly clean eating but its takes care of my chocolate fix. I also like to grab a tablespoon of all natural peanut butter.