What do you love about exercising?

Options
I've recently started eating a little healthier and doing exercise when possible, whether it be 30 mins of various cardio at the gym, or a brisk nightly walk around my gorgeous area.

Aside from my desire to hopefully lose a little weight from doing this, I am feeling energised and more confident already. Not that there are visible differences, but I think it's the fact that I'm getting out of the house and doing something to get my body moving and mind off life's worries! I love the post-exercise flush too that I get!

So as the thread title asks, what is it that you love? Let me know :)

Replies

• snowbike
    snowbike Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Oh! where to start!

I do my cardio at lunch (14-15 mile cycle ride) and love that im the most alert person in the team in the afternoon.
    I love the pumped feel and look of muscles after a good weight training session. (she also likes it ;) )

I must be some sort of masacist as I love the pain of the last rep of the last set. It kills, but is sooo goood!!!

What I love most is the buzz a long cycle ride gives me for days after the event... it cant be legal :D
  • naveed1naveed
    Options
    1. Anti-Depression, Anti-Stress
    2. Being healthy.
    3. Cardio

1003. Zipped mouth
  • TwelveTwentyOne
    TwelveTwentyOne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the pain too. ;)

I love that feeling where I'm now sitting on muscle and not squishy flab.

I love seeing the changes in my body.

I love feeling like I've accomplished something.

I love being strong.

The anti-depression and outlet for stress is great too.
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love the feeling afterwards! It makes me feel so happy and strong. Gives me confidence and puts me in such a good mood!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I love the confidence boost that I'm getting with it
    I love the changes in my body
    I love to see my clothes size shrink
    I love the improved strength that I have
    I love that it helps me in managing my type 2 diabetes
    Most of all, I love that I can eat more
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Nothing!

Just kidding. I love how good I feel when it is over. It was hard to get started after being a couch potato for > 10 years. SO I started gradually and at the beginning it was not fun. Now I am in a little better shape and feel so much better mentally and physically and the more you exercise the more you can eat!
  • 165ordietrying
    165ordietrying Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to explain it other than it feels like a high when I am working out....like I am on drugs or something lol. It sure didn't feel that way 75lbs ago though ... :)
  • pars1981
    pars1981 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    when Im out running, I love the rush I get once Im in my stride-there is nothing better! My partner didnt really get why I love exercise like I do-then he got a bike so he could cycle to work. Now he understands lol!