New to Support of any kind

Options
hello everyone.im a 29 year old my who has been over weight for many ears. im always tire and achey. my back knees and ankles are getingrelly bad! soooo..............i really need to become more ative and lose weight. im done ith his lifestyle. ive beena meber of mfp or awhile now, but ive been very quiet ad private. i think ts time for me to reach out to others inhopes theyll return the favor. :) so does anyone have any tips for an absolute eginner who finally ready to commit? any cardio completely wears me out n the first 10-15 minutes (sad i know) so im starting out slow.

Replies

• kzanzig
    kzanzig Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I think that it's great that you want to start fresh and start on a new way to live your life. I'm just starting back with workouts myself so I'm not sure how helpful my advice would be but what advice I would give is to make sure you are stretching daily. Stretching isn't difficult and can help wake your body up and get it ready for the day. Maybe if you watch tv to just walk around during the camercials so you are keeping your body active. Maybe if you are wanting to do a diet as well is to plan ahead with the meal tracker so that you aren't looking in the fridge and giving yourself the option to chose the unhealthy snack. When you are just starting out you can't always let yourself have the option because it will cause you to chose the bad item and that sets a downward spiral. Another thing that MIT help is the walking workouts where all you do is walk in place and use different steps and moves to get you to walk one mile right in front of the tv. I used to do it often and it really did help. I hope this helps and if you want some support you can always add me. Good luck!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Well I am 40 years older than you, and opposite gender, but we do have bad backs & wonky knees in common

I ignore cardio & concentrate on strength exercises, in my case as per per hospital recommended ones for my back muscles

Thus walking is perfect as it includes both cardio & general well being

You do not need to walk over the Alps daily, just walk down to the shops & back and it will get easier as time goes by

Add me if you wish
  • jono2970
    Options
    We all have to start somewhere - at least you are reaching out now. Please add me if you would like!
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    The key to any exercise program is to start. Don't compare yourself to others. Compare yourself to yourself. log what exercise you do. Always try to exceed how much you did last time. Always strive to do better than you did previously. This is your journey. You are in charge. You are going to get better than you are now. One day at a time. Add me if you want someone to support you.

Had to fix a typo. Can't stand bad spelling. :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    The key to any exercise program is to start. Don't compare yourself to others. Compare yourself to yourself. log what exercise you do. Always try to exceed how much you did last time. Always strive to do better than you did previously. This is your journey. You are in charge. You are going to get better than you are now. One day at a time. Add me if you want someone to support you.

^^^^This!!!!

When I started riding my bicycle in July, I could barely make it around the block. I tried to go a little farther each time I rode. Yesterday, I rode almost an hour.

One day at time, one step at a time!
  • singlemum4jm
    singlemum4jm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    wow thanks everyone. yea im definatly doing my best and starting slow. im frustrated that im 29 with a horrible back, knees, and gray hair! dye can fix the hair, thank god. now its time to turn my young body back into a young body. lol