Is This Good Enough To Begin With?

Options
I'm trying to lose 88 pounds in order to hit my goal weight so far I've changed my eating habits.
But my workout so far has been (I just started yesterday)

- 45 minutes on the treadmill with a speed of 5.0 and elevation of 2.0
I do also use a resistance band and 8lB dumbbells

Am I doing enough to lose that amount of weight?
And does the resistance band and dumbbells help with toning up the arms?

Replies

• islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Yes, unless that was what you were doing every other week. It is best to start with goals you can accomplish, and can sustain. Then when they start to get easy add something else. Don't start school and study the entire course load at once, you will only get overwhelmed and discouraged.
    With that amount of exercise, make sure you eat enough, or you will lose a certain amount and then follow that with a plateau.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    assuming your going from 0 before then doing this is definetly a step in the right direction.

I recommend you focus on weight training as i think its generally easier then cardio and ultimately burns more calories/builds a better body.

in the end losing weight is all about what you do and don't eat. Exercise is good for general health and can get you to lose weight faster but consistency in what you eat is going to determine success.
  • ILoveMyLifeee
    Options
    Will weight training make my body more toned or like a bodybuilder type?
    I'm trying just to get toned lol.

And I forgot to add in I also do horse riding atleast 3 times a week not quite sure if that counts though.