Getting negative comments :(

Options

Replies

• Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be 'boring' and happy than 'fun' and miserable.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Lately, i've been called "boring" and "too strict" and "i need to have fun". I do have fun, but food isn't the center of attention anymore.

I always say "If I wanted to look like you I would eat like you." Shuts them up every time.

^^ Smart man!!

Don't let them get to you!! You know what you need to do to stay on track - more power to you for not letting them derail you!! Hater's gonna hate - and you have to stay strong. Ignore them, they will eventually back off!!

Congrats on your success!!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't let anyone discourage me; you do what WORKS for you and if they support you, they will allow you to do what you need to do for you and to do what makes you happy :)
  • LaceyMorley
    Options
    I was just told that I am no longer fun.. I quit drinking while I do this and evidently sober me isn't as fun as drunk me.. Oh well..

The "sober me's" of the world usually never are as fun as the "drunk me's"... but your body and your liver will thank you for it.
  • jono2970
    Options
    Yeah...I don't live to eat, but I enjoy my food when I do eat...I don't get people's problem with that. You just be you....no other naysayer should ever get you down!
  • MrFatLegs
    MrFatLegs Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    RHuHq.gif
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Screw them... I get told I'm boring all the time too because I won't have "One drink" with friends.

If they want to be unhealthy, let them be. You stick to your guns and keep moving forward!
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just need new friends who are into doing fun active stuff rather than partying or whatever. I'm in SD, and I box too, you should come to City Boxing with me sometime. There are a bunch of fun girls there and some hot guys too ;)
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Just delete the negative comments its up to you how you lose weght you're doing great by the way
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    honestly think people only say such things when they are jealous or otherwise made uncomfortable by your weight loss success.

So i guess that means your doing everything right ;)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    "I do have fun, but food isn't the center of attention anymore."

You said it, right there. Say it to them.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    No matter what you do, people will run it down. For some reason, other people think they can dictate what you put in your body and how much or how little you exercise. If you have found something that works for you, then stick with it!! Those people are just jealous because they want to see results!! :flowerforyou:
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    You can definaitely do this. Youve already come so far. Keep up the great work.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. My friends may say they want to lose weight but they are not willing to make a change to lose the weight, they want the quick fix. They are constantly mad at me for not wanting to go out and party all night because I have a run, ride or hike planned the next day.

Instead of letting it get to me, I joined groups and clubs to meet people that enjoy working out so I could get some new friends. Someday, my old firnds will be willing to work for their goals and I will be there to help them.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Lately, i've been called "boring" and "too strict" and "i need to have fun". I do have fun, but food isn't the center of attention anymore.

I always say "If I wanted to look like you I would eat like you." Shuts them up every time.

Wow, that's awesome!
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You've done great and you are not boring
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

Sounds like a PERFECT response. I have to use this one!!!
  • senloe
    senloe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been reading a book off Amazon called "Secrets of Former Fat Girl..." It's been extremely helpful to me and they talk about the negative comments through out the book. Maybe it would help you and give you some strategies?
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    First--CONGRATS on losing 65 pounds.

In my experience, my old "food friends" try to keep me eating what I did before--even to the point of bringing stuff to my desk!! As if I forgot to go get it myself!! And even though they know I am trying to lose about 30 more pounds. I think it's because it makes them look at THEIR choices, and they might not like what it makes THEM feel. So keeping me at MY weight helps THEM to feel better about themselves. Does that make any sense?
  • luvsdux
    luvsdux Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Way to go on your accomplishment! My husband and I are facing similar situations. We are around people who love to eat all the time. My husband has lost over 100 pounds and still has some to go but everyone tells him he's lost too much and he needs to stop where he is. I've lost about 40 so far and while I'm still 225 they keep calling me skinny and telling me I'm wasting away.

I think it makes some people feel guilty because they aren't doing what you are doing and some probably want to see you fail, then they don't feel bad about their own failures (which may or may not be weight related). I even lost a friend over it because I was making progress and they weren't. Of course they found 100 other reasons to jump me and blame me for not being a good friend, but one thing that kept coming up was how much I was working out and it wouldn't matter if I did get "smoking hot" and so on. Jealousy is an ugly beast and rears its head in many different ways. Of course that doesn't make it easier to be around those people.

I might just tell them it's worth it to be considered boring to get where I want to be, so I can be healthy and happy with my body.