What's your NSV today???

Options

Replies

• sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I went roller skating tonight at an adult skate by myself and skated hard for 45 minutes. It was a victory as I usually go with a friend or my young daughter, but I really wanted the workout so I went. I will sleep good tonight.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I finally fit into my smaller jeans! Before, I couldnt even get them over my booty. But today, they fit. They were a little tight but still fit
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Rollerskated for 2 hours and didn't fall! I'm taking care of the grandkids this week and can't get hurt. :wink:
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm doing c25k and today I conquered w6d3 dun dun dunnn the dreaded 25 minute run! And I did extra credit too. I warmed up with a 4 minute walk, 25 min jog, 3 min walk, 12 minute jog, 3 min walk, 13 min jog. Total = 1 hr (50 jogging, 10 walking) 3.5 miles. This is my longest run to date and I'm so proud of myself!

Last Sat I did my 1st 5k and I walked only about 25%. It was a practice 5k for May 2013 when I want to run the whole thing! I'm so close!
  • megfah
    megfah Posts: 61
    Options
    On Friday a co-worker told me I'm "looking good lately". It's the first time someone who doesn't know I'm working hard on MFP has noticed/commented on my weight loss!
  • emilyehlers
    emilyehlers Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My NSV of the day is trying on size Medium shirts at Old Navy and they fit me. For the first time in my life. I went from a snug XL at Old Navy to a Medium and I never ever thought I could do that!
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    It's not as great as others, but today I pushed myself to go for a 3km walk after my 12 hour nightshift
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    it was last week, but my supervisor said that my clothes were too big....so the next day, I tried on a shirt that was 1 size smaller and t fit perfect...(my employer supplies the shirts with company logo and employee name on it for free if we agree to wear them everyday to work...) I used to be a 2XX and this shirt was an XL, now I need to go shopping for new pants, because they are almost falling off me, LOL I can, pull them down without unbuttoning them...I haven't thrown them out yet couse I like to show the difference by pulling out the waistband...LOL...but I know it;s time...
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    actually, I have another NSV...

.I am allergic to EVERYTHING it seems, even cleaning products...anyway today, my 31 year old son and his new GF started helping me out cleaning my house...my son has been staying with me for the last 2 years rent free, and really has NOT DONE MUCH to help out...because I usually eat out, or use paper plates etc, I do not do dishes...I feel that if you make the mess it is up to you to clean it up...LOL

I am single, the one working, paying the bills, and also a homeowner...so I have enough to do...and also having to deal with health issues, at the same time...luckily I have good insurance otherwise I would be bankrupt by now...
  • hattie491145
    hattie491145 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to share this as its a bit daft, but I was sitting in the bath the other day and I thought - why do my legs look longer all of a sudden? Then I realised, they weren't longer, I could just see more of them LOL it was a bit of a win for me :)

I promise I do use my brain sometimes :)
  • nicpap617
    nicpap617 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Been doing the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels... On day 1, I took measurements and today is only day 9 and I already lost 3/4 of an inch to each thigh and an inch from waist :):)

So very motivating to keep on shredding :)
  • kayleepie
    kayleepie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My NSV is just that I felt super confident when seeing a friend I hadn't seen since 10kg ago. :)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Being brave enough to strip down for our Pole class concert, even though I'm 8 pounds heavier than I was last time my friends came and watched.

ScreenShot2012-12-10at100853PM.png
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Looked at my photos tonight. I have well-defined cheekbones now. Cant wait to get photos taken at christmas and over the holidays. No deleting on facebook now!!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    today
    1. getting told i looked to nice to be a scientist:smile:
    2. getting told (by someone that i hadn't seen in 3 months) that i looked different while he sketched an hourglass shape with his hands:wink:
    3. getting told i looked really nice by a fashion forward friend (i'm keeping this outfit! ):flowerforyou:
    4. noticing the tinniest of thigh gaps! :glasses:

happy happy happy :drinker:
    ( so happy i only had a tiny bit of the hotel chocolate i got in the post rather than the whole thing! ):happy:
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    NO COOKIES or sweets. NONE!!! And workout like a champ
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I found a hard lump in my arm.. which turned out to be a bone! Hello elbow- nice to finally meet you!!
  • gschnitzler
    gschnitzler Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    About a month ago, I got out a box of clothes that I had packed away when they became too small (notice it was the clothes that became too small....not that I had grown...heehee!). I've had this pile sitting on my bedroom floor for the past month, as incentive to keep going. On Saturday, I pulled on a pair of jeans from that pile...jeans I haven't worn in 4-5 years...and they fit SO good! Hooray!!!

The next goal is for those jeans to be too big!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Today I am wearing a size 10 jeans which I haven't worn since HS. A few years ago I wore a size 22 pants so this feels pretty darn good.

Horray for all the NSV's!!!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Had a craving for chocolate - bit into a 3 Muskateer - it was too sweet so I gave the rest to the kids.

Ran around the gymnasium with my kiddos chasing me and I didn't get tired weaving and bobbing and spinning away from them.

Did a handstand, sommersault, cartwheel. The gym teacher asked me if I was in ever in gymnastics and said I still got it.

I was looking for something, used one hand to lift up the couch, hubby said to the kids - your mommy is so strong.

Got called mamma by a stranger.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!