Trying One More Time

Options
Hello, I am nearly 31 years old and have struggled with my weight for the last 11 years. I had a kidney transplant when I was 19 and after being on heavy duty steroids for anti-rejection, it completely changed my body and I looked like I was blown up with a hose. I am thankful everyday that I was fortunate to have the transplant, but the aftermath is a bit difficult to handle especially having it at such a young age. I am currently 153 pounds and am only 5'3". My goal is to get down to about 140. It seems like an attainable goal, yet, I have not been able to achieve it quite some time. I am extremely happy with my life, wonderful husband and great family. I just want to get my weight under control and managed, and really have no clue how to do it.

Replies

• goingtolose
    Options
    welcome aboard, it seems like you have a good life since your transplant. I am sure that you will attain your goal. Just take it one day at a time, making little changes and over time you will be successful. Good luck.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place! MFP will help you reach your goals. There's tons of support on here and a lot of really nice people to help you along. You can do it!
  • sexxi614bbw
    Options
    Hello. i am new to this site. thought it would be great to get some online support. I have a long ways to go, and can use all the support i can get. And would be here for anyone else. hope you all have a great day!
  • robholland
    Options
    In the same boat - I had a bone marrow transplant 12 years ago. The mix of medication (especially steroids), fatigue, body degeneration and a love of food all add up to a big belly and difficulties in exercising!

I know this is a common story on this site and it is tough! I don't want o be sylph-like but to be able to run about with the kids would be great! If I can shed even a stone it will make life easier!

Good luck with your own personal quest.
  • Marie45
    Marie45 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Your starting weight and goal weight is fairly similar to mine! I only joined here a couple of days ago as well. I've started small - just eating more fruit and veg, drinking more water and logging everything I eat on here.