Has anyone followed Hungry Girl recipes and foods?

Options
http://www.hungry-girl.com/

I just found out about this on Dr. Oz, I thought she has great ideas to eat alot and get filled up without eating a ton of calories. Here is a brownie mix that sounds interesing.

Ingredients:
1 sugar-free chocolate pudding snack with 60 calories or less (like the kind by Jell-O)
1/3 cup chocolate frosting
1 box moist-style devil’s food cake mix (15.25 - 18.25 oz.)
One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9" X 13" baking pan with nonstick spray.

In a medium bowl, mix pudding with frosting. Cover and refrigerate.

In a large bowl, thoroughly mix cake mix with pumpkin. (Batter will be thick.) Spread mixture into the baking pan.

Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 18 - 20 minutes.

Let cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.

Evenly spread brownies with pudding mixture, and sprinkle with walnuts. Slice and enjoy! (Refrigerate leftovers.)

MAKES 16 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 brownie (1/16th of recipe)
Calories: 165
Fat: 5.5g
Sodium: 263mg
Carbs: 28g
Fiber: 2g
Sugars: 15g
Protein: 2g

Replies

• craftykhandy
    craftykhandy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I saw that episode, too and went on a hunt for her ideas. And I found a TON that I really like. Great things for cooking for one - which for me is really hard.
    The spice cake and can of pumpkin - I baked in muffin tins (350 for 25 min) 181 each...every single bit as good as Starbucks pumpkin loaf.
  • gdadki
    gdadki Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I made her Corn Bread Chicken Casserole one night. It was really good, and filling enough for me for supper, with a salad on the side. My husband had 2 servings.

She certainly has a lot of great ideas, and great remakes of higher fat/calorie versions of food. I just recently bought the ingredients I will need to make her made-over Monkey Bread for Christmas.