So I don't eat my Carbs

Options
ZebraHead
ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
A recent post made me go and look at my nutrition trend chart for carbs. I have never hit my goal. I am on a no grain diet, no taters, corn, or anything grain. Is this bad? I am losing weight at a steady pace, am I hurting myself somehow? Do I need/care about carbs? Is less better. Too many questions in one post, sorry. :blushing:

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    A recent post made me go and look at my nutrition trend chart for carbs. I have never hit my goal. I am on a no grain diet, no taters, corn, or anything grain. Is this bad? I am losing weight at a steady pace, am I hurting myself somehow? Do I need/care about carbs? Is less better. Too many questions in one post, sorry. :blushing:

I am not nearly as educated about carbs as I should be, but yes you should have some carbs. There are good carbs and bad carbs, and your body definitely needs the good carbs. I am sure someone else can give you a much better, detailed description of how and why.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Not bad at all, as long as your diet is still balanced.
    You can change your goals to fit your diet, maybe up your protein and fat % and lower your carb%. You can do this from your home page by going to goals, click change goals, select custom, make the changes than at the bottom select save changes.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    If the carbs you do eat contain fiber, you're fine.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    You do need carbs in your diet. But don't forget, carbs also come from fruits and vegetables. Actually, these complex carbs are better for you than what you'd find in white breads and potatos. However, if you're not avoiding grains for health reasons (like a gluten intolerance etc) you may want to try adding in a few. Whole grains also contain complex carbs and they are an important part of your diet. If you're not a bread person try brown rice or whole grain pasta.
  • docwasch
    docwasch Posts: 19
    Options
    MFP has a more carb heavy arrangement to calories than I am use to. I have always done weightlifting as part of my exercise regime, so I like the 40/40/30 diet myself. If you are lifting weights more than casually you need 1-1.5 grams of protien to 1 kilogram of body weight. The main thing is what ever you do, eat good quality foods whether they are carbs, fats, or protien.