How You See Yourself.

Options
2»

Replies

• XxXWhitneyShereeXxX
    Options
    Before I had my sons, I enjoyed my body. I've always been very curvy and that was 100% fine with me I like having curves, but after having two kids I look at my body and think everything is disgusting, I sometimes even tell my husband that I don't know how he could ever want to see me naked because that's how badly I feel about my body. I gotta work on that.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    It's weird for me. I think confidently of myself, maybe even a little too confident - but when I see pictures of myself all the confidence is gone.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest, I didn't think I looked that bad in the mirror, and I was moritified to see myself in pictures.
    Now, I think I'm much bigger in the mirror than I am in pictures.
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I always imagine I look better than I do. Pictures shock me. LOL

^this. lmao. me too.
  • julesy_b
    julesy_b Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I always think I look much worse than I probably do. I give myself a hard time when in reality if I have a friend who's the same size I'd tell her she looked great! I also worry about people taking pictures (facebook mania)! Especially around the holiday season. I suppose we all have to think more positively as well as being more positive about our eating/weightloss.
  • isitsororo
    Options
    I always imagine I look better than I do. Pictures shock me. LOL

HAHA me too. I like how I look in the mirror, photos...not so much!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I look at photos of myself and I'm surprised sometimes that I do look slim and ok, because when I look in the mirror I think I look fat still. Well, I still have more to lose, even though i've lost around 55lbs now.

I'm wearing clothes now that I wore at my thinnest 11 years ago, and back then I was thin, even though I thought I was fat!

I think sometimes once you've been overweight it's hard to see yourself as anything else.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    I know I've lost weight when looking in the mirror, because I see a smaller me with more definition, but somehow photographs of me still leave me feeling like little progress has been made...go figure.
  • jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I need to look at my old pictures because it reminds me that I have come a long way...I forget sometimes looking in the mirror and being critical.
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I went to a work Christmas party and there was a photographer there - dreading the photos being published! Always so unflattering and everyone at work can see them. Plus I was wearing leggings!

I don't feel as bad when I look in the mirror now - I think I have lost a bit of bloat. Must be cutting down on the amount of crisps I used to eat!
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes once you've been overweight it's hard to see yourself as anything else.

This!

I've lost over 60lbs in the past 6 months but I still 'see' myself as fat, I know I'm thinner but I still can't see myself as 60lbs thinner! When I go into a shop I still tend to pick up larger sizes, it's like my brain hasn't caught up to my body yet.
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    When I look in the mirror, I am motivated and love what I see. However, it's odd, most of the time though, I feel like I am still my old large self lol--It must be because I was always fighting the weight battle.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Don't really care how I look. I know I'm awesome. I also don't care what others think about me. I don't let someone's perception of me change my reality.

I'm not a body builder, or a super fit athletic type, either. I'm just happy the way I am.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I have found this website most useful

http://www.mybodygallery.com/search.html?height=4+11&weight=120&pant=any&shirt=any&zphoto=Large&new=1

I alot of slimming success stories are SO much taller than me so when they reach "goal" they're heavier than I am and it gets a little frustrating.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Funny thing, I never saw myself as "heavy" even at the top of my weight range until a very unflattering picture was taken on vacation. six months later on 12/24/11 I was in a lot of pain from the extra weight. I am over the mirror telling me if I am good or not. I care to look healthy !

Now, 45 pounds lighter, I struggle to see myself as "thin" but I know I am ... and I feel great. So I will just continue to work on it being more fit, feeling great, and becoming stronger with long lean muscles.

The weight # is good, the bmi # is good so I am on to maintaining those numbers, and making sure I can run that heart healthy 10 minute mile and last through an hour ballet class. Heck, I am an accountant, so I need my #'s in my goals!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    When I look in the mirror, I am motivated and love what I see. However, it's odd, most of the time though, I feel like I am still my old large self lol--It must be because I was always fighting the weight battle.

2199930_1536.jpg
    Myself on most days.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options

2199930_1536.jpg
    Myself on most days.

so needs a *like* button
  • Aish30
    Aish30 Posts: 43
    Options
    I see myself as a beautiful, confident and successful young woman who is very happy. Sometimes, I feel guilty for being too happy. I look awesome with or without clothes. I am not being arrogant. I used to fret about my weight and imagine that the world would be a better place to live if only I lost a wee bit of weight. But that's not true at all. The world would still be the same place with or without me losing a few pounds or not.
    I eat well, I am extremely active, I sleep well, I am financially doing well, my health is great, I am at a good place in my career exactly where I should be and that's all that counts for me. I guess life has been good to me and when I start fretting over what the mirror tells me; I remind myself of what a blessing my life is, silently thanks my guardian angels, lace up my shoes, get on bike and cycle. That puts an end to my worries. I have an obsessive nature so I know that if I start worrying too much, I will do myself some serious harm. I am one of those people who can't let go until the very end. And if I start obsessing about my weight too much or what I don't like when I see myself in the mirror - I will go on a downward spiral which will end up with me being the loser. And I certainly don't want to end up damaging myself and lose everything I worked hard for in my life.

In short, I see myself exactly how others see me - beautiful.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    eh, I think I see myself as I am in the mirror - a bit overweight but with a nice figure. I carry my weight in my boobs, hips, and thighs so I have a small waist. It's when I see pictures that I get upset with my looks - a bad angle can make anyone look terrible.
  • becomewhatyoubelieve
    Options
    I can relate. I have to date lost 85 pounds and have been at it for a year and a half. I really don't see the weight loss physically when I look in the mirror as much as I guess I have the old mental image of what I looked like when I was heavier. It starts to settle in a bit when I get the comments and I'm told how much of a difference there is now. What I do know is that it is so much easier to move around now and I can do so much more physically. It will take some time I think for me at least to see myself as the mirror portrays right back to me. Pictures, when I compare them I can see a difference for sure. And if it makes any less sense, I still see at times the bigger me.