Is there anyway to hide peanut butter or eggs in a recipe?

Options
Our two year old daughter doesn't eat a lot and we're vegetarian so I think a good way for her to get the nutrition/protein/fats she needs is a little peanut butter, but she doesn't always want any of it. She doesn't like eggs at all or any sort of chewy textured foods (tofu, meat, meat alternatives, etc). I also know beans are great, but I would like to mix it up sometimes. So, any ideas?

Replies

• mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Your two year old doesn't like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? There for a while that seems like all my two year old would eat. Does she like oatmeal? Mix some peanut butter into that. It will melt, but the flavor will still be there.
  • meghart60
    Options
    You can hide peanut butter in a smoothie, if she likes to drink milkshakes. I used 6 oz of almond milk, 1 Tbsp peanut butter, and a scoop of why protein, but you could just use the almond milk, peanut butter and any kind of fruit (kids usually like bananas), shake it up with some crushed ice or in a blender. I also used to make some really good peanut butter cookies for my vegan stepdaughter. There are a lot of recipes out there.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    If she does like oatmeal, a microwave muffin is easy.
    1/4 cup quick oats
    1 egg
    couple tbs milk
    a bit of sweetener (I use stevia, but whatever you usually use for her)
    Whatever fruit she likes-berries, mashed banana, etc
    mix together and microwave for a minute-two minutes.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    kids love chicken nuggets
  • dynad
    dynad Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup quick oats
    1 egg
    couple tbs milk
    bump for later
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Your two year old doesn't like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? There for a while that seems like all my two year old would eat. Does she like oatmeal? Mix some peanut butter into that. It will melt, but the flavor will still be there.
    She *sort of* ate oatmeal at one point. I can't stand it, but her grandma thought to make it and she nibbled. The peanut butter may add some flavor to it? My daughter sometimes will eat pb&j, but she can be picky so it is best I call for back up if that makes sense. lol. She LOVES vegetables and fruit, and potato pancakes with sour cream, so mostly she wants her favorites: Broccoli, banana, peas (or peas & mini carrots), peaches, strawberries, potatoes. She also likes cheese/mac n cheese/pizza/grilled cheese and spaghetti. Stuff of that nature.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    You can hide peanut butter in a smoothie, if she likes to drink milkshakes. I used 6 oz of almond milk, 1 Tbsp peanut butter, and a scoop of why protein, but you could just use the almond milk, peanut butter and any kind of fruit (kids usually like bananas), shake it up with some crushed ice or in a blender. I also used to make some really good peanut butter cookies for my vegan stepdaughter. There are a lot of recipes out there.
    Yep she loves bananas! I don't know why it never hit me to make a milkshake. I mean, she eats all of that anyways. lol. It is just mixed up and more sweet since it is all at once. Nice alternative to junk food the grandparents like to give her too that I keep trying to phase out.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    kids love chicken nuggets
    Mine doesn't eat meat and even if she did I have these nuggets with identical texture & she cant stand it :/ No sort of chewy food. No food that isnt soft. She just hates it. lol. Her favorite is soft broccoli.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    1/4 cup quick oats
    1 egg
    couple tbs milk
    Microwaved muffin?! Really lol wow. That is a new one. I use normal/natural sugar because I believe it is better for us, but I know there is a lot of controversy on those details. :] Not a big change and it sounds really simple! Thank you (everyone!)
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Take vanilla almond milk, banana, creamy peanut butter and make a vegan smoothie that the whole family can enjoy... or do chocolate milk with the creamy peanut butter... My three year old loves greek yogurt... plain white... Yes weird but it fits the modified white diet that a lot of kids that age will do... For eggs, cook your pasta crack an egg over a serving of hot pasta in a medium skillet add parmesan and some black pepper. The same can be done with rice or other grains.
  • mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    She *sort of* ate oatmeal at one point. I can't stand it, but her grandma thought to make it and she nibbled. The peanut butter may add some flavor to it? My daughter sometimes will eat pb&j, but she can be picky so it is best I call for back up if that makes sense. lol. She LOVES vegetables and fruit, and potato pancakes with sour cream, so mostly she wants her favorites: Broccoli, banana, peas (or peas & mini carrots), peaches, strawberries, potatoes. She also likes cheese/mac n cheese/pizza/grilled cheese and spaghetti. Stuff of that nature.

I am so jealous that she eats so well. I fell into the trap of, "she doesn't eat, so give her something she will eat" and now she isn't open to much variety. I got her to eat some celery and cucumber today and that felt like a huge victory. I guess monkey see, monkey do. We are eating really well these days so hopefully she will begin to like more of a variety.