What is your favorite Workout DVD to do, and why?

Options
I'm trying to decide what I should pair with my Chalean Extreme Strength workouts, I got to the Lean Phase and I restarted because I wasn't eating very good and my results I wanted weren't there, I was slacking off. Right now I'm on my third week of the Burn Phase with another week or two left to go and was 209/210 now I'm at 207. I started out at 235 in Oct 11 and got down to 188 but the past 3 months I gained 20 pounds and I am not happy about that so I'm working my way back down, I got stuck at 188 and I got frustrated. I think my body doesn't like to go past 188.

So anyways what's your favorite workout dvd and why

Replies

• ImperfectedBeauty
    ImperfectedBeauty Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    30 day shred. Ive done tons of workout dvds and I find this one to be fun and challenging. I also like insanity but i find it challenging to the point of quitting so I cant say its my fav.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I love all of the Jillian Michaels ones with the exception of Yoga Meltdown. That one doesn't give me enough of a burn as the others.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    For the money you spend on those DVDs you can get a really good piece of home workout equipment that beats what you're probably using right now (such as a suspension trainer or sandbag kit or kettlebells) and then your results will REALLY start skyrocketing.
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Insanity.

I don't think there is anything else I can do to burn nearly 1000 calories in an hour and they are FUNNNN! I am also building some muscle doing it! It's a perfect mix of cardio and circuit training! I love it.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Insanity cuz it's working.
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with 30DS. I love the results and seeing how I improve. I hate how by mid-workout I'm cussing at Jillian and hating her with everything I am.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i liked Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. It has a good pace, uses light weights, makes you feel good, but not dead tired, it is a reasonable amount of time. I can do it and my running. I am also enjoying insanity right now, but it makes it hard to do other things as it is pretty intense.
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i go to the gym 2 times a week, but I just can't get motivated there for some reason
  • MandyMarie01
    Options
    i do have Insanity but it makes me gain weight oddly enough
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with 30DS. I love the results and seeing how I improve. I hate how by mid-workout I'm cussing at Jillian and hating her with everything I am.

ME TOO! She is SO irritating. At first I liked that she was tough, but now I'm just like "shut up, you don't know me and I am NOT quitting, thank you very much!"
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I really zumba, maybe there is a video for that?
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've really been digging TurboFire lately for my cardio! It's really fun and pretty intense. I've been using it on the days I can't make it to the gym.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The original 20 Minute Workout. Because those camera angles were very "motivating". Loved the chick with the accent.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    i do have Insanity but it makes me gain weight oddly enough

You _will_ gain weight initially doing anything that actually works you enough to hit muscular hypertrophy. It is fluid retention caused by the "healing" process of your body recovering from the workouts. Weight is not fat. Weight loss is not fat loss. This is something you need to understand. You have to really start educating yourself on these matters. It's not just a simple case of popping in a DVD and hitting play. You owe it to yourself to learn about what you're doing.
  • madworld1
    Options
    In this order:

1) The Firm (Upper Body and Standing Legs-- old school)
    2) Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training
    3) Barre 3
    4) The Biggest Loser Power Sculpt

I also like Denise Austin vids, but I have to be in the mood for her sometimes too chipper attitude.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Insanity and P90X at the moment.

Finished Insanity and it's GREAT!

Working on P90X at the moment...It's great too (mostly the weights parts) Less the cardio for me.

They both have good sides and bad sides like everything else.

BUT THEY WORK!
  • jaroyan
    jaroyan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper's Inside Out and Jillian's Ripped in 30 are two of my favorite circuit training DVD's of the year.
  • MandyMarie01
    Options
    thanks ya'll.

and i realize that, but the weight gain wasn't an initial go away thing, i had completed the whole thing and had gained weight not just in the first few weeks. First round I lost maybe 7 but I had plateaued during the second month
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options

ME TOO! She is SO irritating. At first I liked that she was tough, but now I'm just like "shut up, you don't know me and I am NOT quitting, thank you very much!"

HAHAHAH that's so me. Her being tough used to motivate me, now I'm like, if I have to do one more effing jumping jack not only am I going to blow out my knee but I am going to tell you exactly what you can do with it. Quitting is NOT an option.
  • BobSassafrass
    BobSassafrass Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't like workout DVDs, or really working out in general. But the P90X Kenpo does a great job of motivating me and keeping me interested while burning a ton of calories. Plus I always imagine every uppercut has a punkass on the other end of it who flies up in the air and lands on a giant cake.