Photo Books - Advice Please

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
For those of you that have made a hard-cover photo book, do you have any company recommendations or bad experiences?

Some of the popular ones:
Shutterfly
Snapfish
Heritage Makers
LuLu

But looking for any recommendations....

Replies

• BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Are you finally going to make a smutty, yet hilarious, coffee table book?
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I made my wedding album (beach wedding in St. Thomas) using Shutterfly and LOVED it!! I'll try to find a link so you can see it. I love Shutterfly!
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My sister used snapfish once to send my husband and I a wedding gift it was very nicely done!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I have used shutterfly and snapfish. They both came out very nice. There are a lot of codes for discounts and free books...I would look at those and then choose :)
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I had great results with Shutterfly recently. Their 'custom' interface isn't as easy as Snapfish, BUT much more flexible.

JM
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    My husband who plays in photography uses shutterfly and he has made some wonderful books and get discounts all the time. He has made me several , makes for gift and all sorts of item, coffe cups, calender etc. - I love each and every one of them... he and shutterfly do a great job!!!!
  • zeegee2
    zeegee2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Adoramapix. I recommend them to my wedding clients as a high quality, not OMG!Expensive option with pre-made designs, or upload your own options.

edit to add: And you don't have the logo/barcoding that other companies add.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I used Shutterfly for a photobook from my volunteer trip to Africa. :) I LOVED it.

I am working on another photo book but it will be close to 300 pages..... For that one I'm using Blurb. Most photobook spots don't let you go higher than 100-150. So keep that in mind if you have thousands of pictures... hahaha
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I have made 5. 4 of them through kodak and 1 from blacks
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    I like to make a book with nothing but pictures of my face. Then hand it out to everyone each year. People love it.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Are you finally going to make a smutty, yet hilarious, coffee table book?

Yes. How did you know??
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I use Shutterfly, no complaints! :flowerforyou:

If you get on their email list they usually have some pretty good promotions and discount codes.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    when i did photography i used snapfish!
    great site!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of great places to get these done. I highly recommend checking out Living Social and Groupon to see if there's any coupons/deals.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I have used Shutterfly, Snapfish and My Publisher to make photo books. My favorite by FAR was My Publisher. Just the overall quality as well as the design was so much better than the other two.

They often have Groupons as well, so you can get a really good deal on them.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    There's a lot of great places to get these done. I highly recommend checking out Living Social and Groupon to see if there's any coupons/deals.

Good Call.

And Thanks everyone!