night shift

Options
So I have recently went back to night shifts from 6pm to 6am.
I am just wondering how everyone else logs food, if they do it from day ot day or from wake up to bed time. It hard to track. any suggestions

Replies

• F_Chord
    F_Chord Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 4am every morning, have my breakfast home and maybe a snack at work [fruit or tea], and I log all this food in breakfast. Mon to Fri I have my lunch at work around 11, so I made a separate section in my diary for this early lunch. I have a section called "lunch" for the weekend, when I'm not using the earlier one. For the weekdays I have the "afternoon snack", which is like a very late lunch [3pm], much lighter than the 1st one. Then I've got dinner. It may very from 5pm to 7pm during working days, 6ish to 8ish or later on weekends. Then I have a "snack and pigginess" which I hope I'll stop to use it soon. Good luck with your logs! :D
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    What time are your breaks and do you eat after going home before bed? I don't think it really matters just be consistent in what you do and log the same time periods as your days off, pick a 24hr period and stay with that.
  • mlaz81
    mlaz81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I work a very early morning shift right now for the holidays (1am-9am) and I just log mine on my phone on breaks, or just at the end of the day. Just whenever you can. But as of late, a lot of my meals have been the same, so using the favorite meal section has been really helpful as well.
  • jaroyan
    jaroyan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone talking about consistency; whatever time works for you is what you'll remember to do daily. Failing that, you can always set a reminder on MFP to remind you to log before it's too late!